Default BENJAMIN HART WILL SUMMARY-DIED 1852 LONDON

Numbers of The London, England, Wills and Probate 1525-1858 are being placed online via one of the family history pay sites. The Will of Benjamin Hart of 128 Leman Street Goodman's Fields is one of these wills. My interest in the will is because it names Aaron Hart sole executor of 156 Houndsditch and 27 Bedford Square Bootmaker ( he is my 3x great grandfather married to Ann Rebecca Crawcour).
    Benjamin Hart died 26 July 1852 and in the will bequests are made to: Nephew Henry Hart son of Hyam and Elizabeth Hart; Benjamin's sister Sarah; nephew Asher H Hart of Melbourne Port Phillip NSW.
    The witnesses to the will were John and Moss Hart ( brothers of Aaron).

I have not currently looked in detail on census returns for the named Benjamin Hart relatives or for Benjamin himself but I cannot identify him in the JGSGB 1851 census online at 128 Leman St.
    The Leman St address is of interest because from at least 1808-1820s Henry Hart father of Aaron was at 90 Leman Street boot maker and the family ( Henry was dead pre 1841 census) were at 62 Leman St in 1841 census and by 1851 had moved to 156 Houndsditch the former dwelling of Mitchell Myers ( son of Joel Myers of Maldon Essex). Mitchell Myers will also appears on line and he died in 1848 leaving a bequest to his widow. Interestingly and it may only be coincidence Aaron's mother maiden name was Phoebe Myers.There maybe no family connection between Aaron and Benjamin so this posting is an attempt to identify whether there is such a connection.
    Phillip

Default Sarah HART mentioned in will of Benjamin HART

Phillip,

Could you assist me with further details of Benjamin's will.
    Most particularly, I am trying to trace his sister Sarah HART. Was there any indication of sister Sara having married? (How is she specifically named? Any surname at all? How long before Benjamin's death was the will written?).

In your separate "Asher HART" thread, you wrote:
    "The Will summary details ( I have read the full 6 page will) are brief:
    The Probate is dated 24 Dec 1852 Middlesex and Benjamin died 24 July 1852 at 128 Leman St Goodman's Fields Middx
    Benjamin left the principal bequest to his nephew Henry Hart son of Hyam and Elizabeth Hart including furniture,household possessions, clothing, monies.His sister Sarah was left £10; his nephew Asher H Hart in Melbourne Port Philip was left a watch and gold chain. The total sum of money left was £100."

Do you perhaps have any further notes & details from the 6 pages?

Regards, Donald

Donald
    The will was signed by Benjamin Hart Sept 4, 1851 in the presence of John Hart, Moss Hart who also signed. Aaron Hart 156 Houndsditch and 27 Bedford Square Mile End was the sole executor. Aaron on Dec 14 1852 signed on the will to say that the deceased died on the 26 July 1852- the 21 was deleted and that his goods and chattel amounted to less than £100. The will was proved on 24 December 1852 by the oath of Aaron Hart
    The bequests ..." bequeath to my sister SARAH if living at the time of my decease the sum of ten pounds.." In the case of her death the money was to go to Henry Hart... my nephew Asher Hart ( son of Hyam and Elizabeth Hart) of Melbourne Port Phillip New South Wales my watch,gold chain and ring"."My nephew Henry Hart son of Hyam and Elizabeth Hart, all monies due and payable on account of my death from the friendly society called "The Righteous Path".. all household furniture and wearing apparel and all other and every effects."

There is no other mention of Sarah Hart nor where she was living.
    The above is the only mention of names and details because Benjamin left only a small estate.
    Hope this helps.

As said before Aaron Hart is my 3x great grandfather and John and Moss are his brothers.
    Phillip

Phillip

That clarifies it. Many thanks; much appreciated

Donald