Default Help please looking for the Tanner family

Hello
    I am looking for any information on the Tanner family
    Frank Tanner born Bootle, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, he left his parents James Tanner and Alice Singleton, back in Liverpool just when he left I have no idea.
    His wife was Florence M Campbell born ? they married 1913 Broken Hill, New South Wales, and really this is all I know.
    would any one be able to help me find children if they had any or deaths, any help or web sites would be very much appreciated.
    Kind regards Sue

Coromandel

Hi Sue

Have a look at the wonderful Trove website where you can search old newspapers:

https://
    trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/

For a start, there's a description of the 1913 wedding, from the Barrier Miner (published at Broken Hill, NSW),
    14 July 1913. This is how it begins:

A Silverton Wedding
    TANNER-CAMPBELL

A wedding was solemnized at the Methodist Church, Silverton, when Miss Florence May Campbell, eldest daughter of Mr. A. Campbell, J.P., was married to Mr. Frank Tanner. Rev. Shapley performed the ceremony.
    The bride was attired in a gown of creme paillette silk, with allover lace, chiffon, pearl, and silver trimmings. She wore a wreath and veil, and carried a bouquet of carnations, roses, and ferns. She was attended by two bridesmaids....

(it goes on to give names of bridesmaids and descriptions of their outfits, names of best man and groomsman, and details of some of the wedding presents). You'll need to search for "Florence May Campbell" to find this one, as the OCR has turned the groom's name into "Krank Taime!" (But the good thing about Trove is that you can simultaneously see the scan of the newspaper and the OCR attempt, and that you can correct the OCR errors.)

There's a poignant death announcement in the Advertiser (an Adelaide newspaper) of 2 Dec 1922:

TANNER - On the 23rd November, at Morgan-lane, Broken Hill, Maxwell Campbell, darling babe of Frank and Florence May Tanner, aged nine months. "Safe in God's keeping."

In the Barrier Miner of 2 Sept 1939, there is the announcement of a forthcoming marriage of the 'elder son' of Mr and Mrs Frank Tanner of 171 Gypsum Street. (I haven't given his name here, just in case he is still alive, but you can check the entry for yourself.)

Frank and 'Florrie' Tanner were both still alive in 1950 when the death of Florrie's brother Harold William Campbell was announced in the Barrier Miner (Broken Hill, NSW) of 24 March 1950.

There are various mentions of a Frank Tanner in this newspaper, but I can't tell whether they're all the same person. For example, there's a 34 year old Frank Tanner (a painter) who was shot and wounded in Balmain in 1914, one who was superintendent of a Methodist Sunday School (1926), one who was driving the North Mine locomotive when it was involved in a crash (1929), among others.

Happy hunting!

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    In the Barrier Miner of 2 Sept 1939, there is the announcement of a forthcoming marriage of the 'elder son' of Mr and Mrs Frank Tanner of 171 Gypsum Street. (I haven't given his name here, just in case he is still alive, but you can check the entry for yourself.)
    You can find his date and place of birth in his entry in the World War Two Nominal Roll at

https://www.
    ww2roll.gov.au/

(he survived the war)

Coromandel

From the Broken Hill Cemetery database at

https://www.
    brokenhill.net.au/Cem.php

I see that it is safe to mention Harold Campbell Tanner here after all.

Default Thank you

Hi
    Thank you so much for all this infomation, and web sites I really do appreciate all you help.
    kind regards Sue