Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Red face MARTIN family, New Jersey

Anyone have an idea of the best place for searching in the US. I can find John Alexander Martin born 1887 living with his parents (Alexander Martin b. 1854 d. 1929 and Elizabeth Mahood b. 1860 d 1935) here in the United States in Harrison/Kearny, NJ than not sure where he went. Last I have him is 539 Forest Street, Kearny, NJ working a pump worker. I did find a death for 1969 and a wife Anna but can't tell if that is really him. Even tracked down a headstone in Arlington Cemetery but no one else on it except him. Any hints would be great!!

Famous for offering help & advice

Sorry can't help - but this request may not be seen here in the Co Down forum.
    Maybe if you ask a moderator to move it to USA forum and modify the title you might have more luck.

Good idea, thank you!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi Alby65

I have created a new thread for you here in the USA Genealogy Forum and moved the last few posts from your previous thread into this thread.
    For anyone wishing to help and wishing for background information on the family, please see the previous thread

Thank you!

Opps, John Alexander Martin born 1897 in Scotland, immigrated to USA in 1907 with mother Elizabeth (father Alexander came over earlier in 1907). Have him and wife Anna (born in New York, parents born in Scotland) living at 539 Forest Street in Kearny, NJ...than they disappear until his death in January 1969 in Kearny, NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Opps, John Alexander Martin born 1897 in Scotland, immigrated to USA in 1907 with mother Elizabeth (father Alexander came over earlier in 1907). Have him and wife Anna (born in New York, parents born in Scotland) living at 539 Forest Street in Kearny, NJ...than they disappear until his death in January 1969 in Kearny, NJ.

Not sure if Anna was her real name or I have the wrong couple. Just got back documentation from the Arlington Cemetery in Kearny, New Jersey and they have a John A. Martin buried 1/31/1969 and next to him is Blanche Martin died 1/5/1982 at 82 yrs old. It says both plots were owned by John & Blanche....did he marry Blanche, did Blanche go by Ann? Also, I have an envelope from 1969 that was sent to my grandfather and the return address is Mrs. B. Martin, 534 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, NJ. There is no other member of the Martin family with the initial B.....help!

Found John Alexander Martin and his wife Blanche Burch who died 1/5/1982. They had children (which I wont write since I know we aren't to mention living children) but they had 2 daughters and a son....tracking them now! This maybe the only link to the Martins!!!

Famous for offering help & advice

That's great news. Best of luck in tracking their children!

opps, meant Blanche Shepard and she was first to Joseph Flood and the son Frederick (deceased in 1988) was from their marriage. Looks like John & Blanche only had a daughter...so much for a living Martin, but at least I found living cousins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast