sunnycrest

Default Probate Help please!

Can anyone with access, please help me out??

Ethel Gwendolin(e) Davies (spinster) born 1864 Ruthin, Denbighshire, died 1904 Kensington London. Can anyone tell me whose names appear on the probate? I am at a brickwall of sorts and hopefully this will shed a bit of light!

Many thanks
    Debby

Name well known on Brit-Gen

National Probate Calendar 1904
    DAVIES Ethel Gwendolen Isabel Myra of 4 Lexham-gardens Kensington Middlesex spinster died 26 October 1904 at 11 Fawcett-street South Kensington Administration (with Will) London 21 December to Luis Alwyn consulting-electrical-engineer Effects £3647 11s. 5d.

sunnycrest

Thanks Kerrywood. Not what I wanted to read though! Have found this brother, but still missing one! I am going to have to suppose he is dead as much I would like him still living then.....
    Desperately looking for death/marriage for a Edward Hugh Davies born 1867/8 St Heliers Jersey. I have a photo of "Uncle Hugh" taken at around 18 years old during Boer war in South Africa, but no mention or trace thereafter. Great difficulty with such a common name too!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycrest View Post
    Have found this brother, but still missing one! I am going to have to suppose he is dead as much I would like him still living then.....
    The will itself may be more helpful than the probate calendar. The calendar tells you only the name of person to whom administration of Edith's estate was granted. It doesn't tell you who benefited from the will, which may mention other living relatives.

Copies of both the grant of administration and the will itself can be ordered in the usual way from the probate registry (snail mail only). Details here.

Reputation beyond repute

I would endorse the advice to obtain the will.

The fact that it was an administration with will suggests that the executor named on the will was unable or unwilling to act and Luis Alwyn put himself forwards. You might even find that the will originally appointed the missing brother as executor