Loves to help with queries

Post Cookley & Wolverly parish records

Hello. Does any one know if the Cooley & Wolverly parish records are fitch or cd. I am looking for the marriage of 2xgreat grandfather . who was born in 1811 in Worcestershire his wife was called Delilah. their first child was born in 1843 in Kidderminster. there is no surname for Delilah. but on the 1851 cencus it said she was born in Cookley Worcestershire in 1821. i have looked on the i.g.i but the marriage records only go to 1837 for cookley. i have looked in villiages round Cookley but can't find a marriage. can any one help please. thank you.

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by susyswan View Post
    .....their first child was born in 1843 in Kidderminster. there is no surname for Delilah.
    Do you mean on this birth certificate? If not, and you have not ordered a copy of the birth certificate, then I would do so as that should have Delilah's maiden name on it.

Coromandel

Susyswan, you didn't tell us what Delilah's married name was . . . but having polished up my crystal ball I am guessing she may be the 30 year old Delilah PRICE in the Kidderminster district in 1851, with husband James PRICE. Also in the household are William Price (8) and Thomas Price (2). (I don't have access to the census itself right now, just the index, so can't give the reference or further details, sorry.)

FamilySearch (England Births and Christenings 1538-1975) has the baptism of Thomas James Price, son of James & Delilah, at Kidderminster St George on 11 April 1849. As Jan has already mentioned, Thomas' birth certificate would show you Delilah's maiden name.

What the census doesn't tell you is whether both boys are Delilah's sons. As she is considerably younger than James, it may be that she is not his first wife, so (unless you've found evidence that Delilah was William's mother too) bear in mind that the marriage could be later than you expect. Having said that, I haven't yet spotted a marriage on FreeBMD.

Sorry I didn't answer your question about the parish registers: I'll have to leave that to the Worcestershire experts.