Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Lots of Stantons from Walsall & West Brom

While looking for my Stanton ancestors I came across a whole batch of records relating to the Stantons of the West Midlands. If anyone has family ties in this area I have family trees drawn up in 1815 - 1850 and dating back to 1574. If you think this might be your family drop me a line.

Scpeel

Hi, whereabouts in the West Midlands are these Stantons? I have links to Stantons from Northamptonshire, if that might be of any use?

Mostly Walsall, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Oldbury, Wolverhampton areas. The family line goes back to Hallesowen with henry Stanton in 1560

SnowyJen

Hi I have two branches of Stanton family all from Walsall, I wandering if you still have the above info. if so i can tell you the lines i am researching and it would be great if you could help me out.

The documents are briefly.
    D4178/32 Large family tree drawn up probably in the mid to early 1800's
    D4178/33a-c Short pedigree and a longer pedigree
    D4178/34 long pedigree compiled 1785/1791
    D4178/30 copy of Aris's Birmingham Gazette dated sun 22 May 1886 (possibly to do with the sale I did not have time to look further)
    D4178/29 Map of Lea Hall (the property)
    D4178/28 particulars of the sale of Beoley Hall Estate in Worcester
    D4178/27 letter to Mr J Stanton dated 1886 101 Bridgewater St, Oldham. begins "Dear uncle John" mentions Sarah Jane, property of Isaac Stanton of Kenilworth to William Stanton of West Bromwich g grandfather buried at Birmingham. Claims Isaac made deed in 1777 and died the following year. mentions Leonard. Signed Jane Rawcliffe, Liverpool
    D4178/26 more letters
    John Stanton born 21 July 1821 eldest son of John Stanton of Walsall, Son of William Stanton of Walsall, Son of Richard Stanton of Walsall, spur filer. Ann Bond (dau of W Stanton) Glunch (?) St, Walsall
    Jane Rawcliffe Bury Place, Liverpool daughter of Mrs Bond
    D4178/24 more family trees and pedigrees
    D4178/25 long list of wills and chancery documents
    D4178/23 lawyers letter concerning William and John Stanton (brothers?)
    D4178/11 comments on "Mad" Stanton by various people presumably local to Kenilworth and references to John Stanton.
    D4178/22 letter by William Stanton to lawyer dated 30 Aug 1834 (presumably a later William and not the g grandfather)
    Accuses Isaac Stanton of going to Walsall church with the intention of erasing William's name from the parish record and attempting to falsify a reference for John's father Richard.

An agreement signed in 1833 by
    John Stanton
    John Stanton
    William Stanton (nailer)
    William Stanton (Blacksmith)
    William Stanton
    Richard Stanton

baptism record for 13 May 1821 John Son of John Stanton and Jane. Abode Limepits. fathers occupation Locksmith

Letter to William Stanton of the hill Walsall from brother Richard dared 30 Sept 1803

letter by Thomas ( of Greenwich hospital, Essex) eldest son of Richard Stanton

baptism record for William Stanton
    28 Mar 1798 Wm son of Wm & Sarah Stanton

baptism record for John Stanton
    17 Oct 1793 John son of John & Mary Stanton (no place is given for the above two)

copy of will of Isaac Stanton of Kenilworth dated 28 Aug 1774 (very long)

Indenture made 21st June 1773 between Isaac Stanton of Kenilworth and William Stanton of West Bromwich plus deed of gift

copy of will of Isaac Stanton 1764

copy of will of Thos Stanton 1722

I don't have them all but these are all the ones at Stafford. What I have is the larger family tree and the pedigree list

SnowyJen

My Gt Gt grandmother Sarah ann Stanton b.1846 Walsall
    her parents were:
    Isaac Stanton b. 1821 West Bromwich
    and Catherine Bayliss
    Isaac Stantons parents were:
    Thomas Stanton b. 1804 Walsall
    and Mary Haines
    Thomas Stantons father was Thomas Stanton b,1779 West Bromwich
    his parents were:
    William Stanton b. 1748 of Warwickshire died 1833 and Sarah Braddock
    Any info on Williams parents e.t.c would be great

also my other branch goes back to
    Richard Stanton b.1765 Walsall married Sarah Blackham
    his parents were George Stanton and Mary Harper
    I have no dates for George so any help with his dates or parents would be very useful.

I have emailed you so I can send you the copies I have.
    On the tree I have Richard Stanton who married Sarah Blackham was the son of William Stanton of Tipton who married Jane dau of Arron Whitehouse of Oldbury. He died in 1816 after spending time in debtors prison in Stafford (he is mentioned in A J Stanley's "History of Stafford gaol" as one of several prisoners requesting release in 1811)

SnowyJen

That's amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your find with me. I have been researching my family history for several years and I do apprieciate how hard to come by All family documents are. I can not thank you enough.
    Though it sounds like i have my wires crossed with Richard then.
    I got details from Walsall records for st matthew.

St Matthew Baptisms
    1765 August 28th
    William and Richard Stanton Twins of George and Mary

RICHARD STANTON
    Marriages:
    Spouse: SARAH BLACKHAM
    Marriage: 27 DEC 1780 Tipton, Stafford, England

Just emailed you the details. Let me know if they don't arrive.
    Looking at the above I would say that Richard is definitely the son of William of Tipton
    Incidently I believe that there may also be a will for William at Lichfield records offices

SnowyJen

Thank you for e-mailing those to me, it was very kind of you.
    I agree with you, I think Richard the twin is definatly another Richard, but i have hours of fun and interest ahead of me looking for new parish records and it's so much easier when you have names places and dates to go on. thank you so much

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast