amos58

Default James Robert Sanders & Louisa Houseman

Hi,
    I am trying to find more info on this couple. I know they married 18 Mar 1849 St.Mary Nottingham, Louisa is 13 Mar 1826 Grantham her father is Charles mother Eliza? I am interested in finding out more on this family also.

Thank you
    Diane NH USA

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Dianne, just off to bed myself, but your problem will proably be solved when I log in again. Enjo the Forum.
    We have some lovely Notts folk here.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

josie7644

Quote Originally Posted by amos58 View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to find more info on this couple. I know they married 18 Mar 1849 St.Mary Nottingham, Louisa is 13 Mar 1826 Grantham her father is Charles mother Eliza? I am interested in finding out more on this family also.

Thank you
    Diane NH USA
    Hello Diane,

There is a 16-year-old Lousa Housman in the same household as John Pattinson in the Grantham District of Lincolnshire in 1841.

HO107; Piece 625; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Grantham; County: Lincolnshire; Enumeration District: 4; Folio: 37; Page: 21

Of course, in the 1841 census, there is no indication of relationships!

Josie

josie7644

.... in the same area is Charles Houseman, with Mary, William, Ann and Lucretia....

Class: HO107; Piece 625; Book: 3; Civil Parish: Grantham; County: Lincolnshire; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 8; Page: 8

Maybe worth a look!

Josie

birdlip

Hi Diane,

IGI Family Search lists four sisters for Louisa, all christened at Grantham, parents Charles HOUS(E)MAN and Eliz.

Caroline 04 Sep1817
    Harriett 22 Feb 1820
    Sarah 19 Jun 1823
    (Then Louisa)
    Elizabeth 01 Dec 1828

this looks like the parents marriage:

Charles HOUSEMAN m Elizabeth RICH 14 Nov 1816 Corby Lincs.

birdlip

...whoops, and a brother Charles 17 April 1821, I missed him.

birdlip

This looks like a second marriage for Charles at Grantham:

Charles HOUSEMAN m Mary KITCHING 28 Dec 1830

then there are two more children to Charles and Mary, both christened at Grantham:

John William 06 Oct 1831
    Ann Mary 27 Oct 1834

amos58

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions and info, I was off to work and rushed to post this. So does it look like it is Charles Houseman & Eliza Rich for the parents? I have seen the 1861 census and Charles age 71 father is living with Harriet Ellis his daughter, his is widowed, born Newark Notts. and the IGI has a Charles born Newark in 1791 parents John & Rebecca. How can I be certain this is him? I don't have any other info vitals for him or Eliza/Elizabeth. I have the children of Charles 6 of them total but only have one marriage besides Louisa's and that is for Harriet to George Ellis 1848.
    Again thank you all so much for the info.

birdlip

Quote Originally Posted by amos58 View Post
    I want to thank everyone for the suggestions and info, I was off to work and rushed to post this. So does it look like it is Charles Houseman & Eliza Rich for the parents? I have seen the 1861 census and Charles age 71 father is living with Harriet Ellis his daughter, his is widowed, born Newark Notts. and the IGI has a Charles born Newark in 1791 parents John & Rebecca. How can I be certain this is him? I don't have any other info vitals for him or Eliza/Elizabeth. I have the children of Charles 6 of them total but only have one marriage besides Louisa's and that is for Harriet to George Ellis 1848.
    Again thank you all so much for the info.
    Hello again,

you're right, it is often hard to be certain you have the right family. However, in this case if you look up John and Rebecca's children ( IGI again) you'll find Charles and one brother were baptised in Newark, but I found three later children baptised in Grantham.

Charles HOUSEMAN bap 07 Jan 1790 )Newark, Notts
    Thomas HOUSEMAN bap 28 Nov 1791 )
    John HOUSEMAN bap 26 Sep 1795 ) Grantham, Lincs
    William HAUSEMAN bap 05 Nov 1798 )
    Jane HOUSOMAN bap 07 Nov 1801 )

josie7644

Hello amos58,

Just been re-reading the thread and comparing the findings of Birdlip and myself!

Birdlip found the baptisms of John William 6 Oct 1831 and Ann Mary 27 Oct 1834. These two children fit quite well with 9-year-old William and 7-year-old Ann, in the 1841 census (Class: HO107; Piece 625; Book: 3; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 8; Page: 8).

On IGI there doesn’t seem to be a baptism of young Lucretia.

However on Freebmd, there are two Lucretia Houseman marriages:-

1) Jul-Aug-Sep 1862 in Basford (vol 7b page 141)
    2) Oct-Nov-Dec 1886 in Peterbro (vol 3b page 488)

The first one looks a possible, as she may have been in Nottingham, where her sister Louisa married; the second one maybe a daughter of one of Louisa’s brothers!

Just some ideas for you to consider....

Josie