Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bonelady

Red face Thanks for the Help Family Tracing in Ireland

Hi there, I posted in March that I was trying to trace my father and ??? any family he might have as i was begining to believe he didnt exist. Thanks to this site I was sent two names with appear to have tallied up with his family, his own and a sister so i am very grateful to you all and the individual that spent time looking these names up for me especially as I had never heard of the site.
    Having said again the line stops as having aquired a birth certificate from Ireland with my grandmothers name on it it gives no other details other than Kilmeaden, a lot less than an english one, anyone any bright ideas again about how I could go about this one, would be very exciting to find a family.
    If not Once Again Many Many Thankyous for all you help so far

Procat

Hi,

I have moved your post from the Introduce yourself section of the forum to the Ireland section as it is more appropriate there.

bonelady

how much do I say in the introduce yourself area, if I can find my way into it again,never quite sure everyone seem to know what there doing here, Procat

Procat

Introduce yourself is basically for the first (or almost first) post you make. It is for saying hello and many people seem to add some background information about themselves - though it is not a requirement. Any research queries should be made on other sections of the forum.

Don't worry about posting on the wrong section. A moderator will move it if necessary.

Richard1955

Hi bonelady
    No matter where you place your posts, they will always first appear on 'today's posts' and everyone can see them and reply.
    Without replies it will drop down the pages and eventually off the bottom.
    Each time you receive a reply, your post will again go to the top of 'today's posts' and everyone can see it.

As far as the Irish birth certificate is concerned, if it has come from Dublin then it is an abbreviation version.
    The full version is available from Roscommon.

bonelady

Hi Richard, Got the cert from Roscommon, didnt give grandmothers age or grandfathers age just her mailden name Caulfield which appears to be plentiful but without a guide to age could be buying a lot of certs, dont know where she was born, even if she was irish, but my dad was. Cheers for the reply

bonelady

Where is the irish section ?

Richard1955

Your now in the General Irish Family History section as your original post has been moved.
    It tells you this below your original post.
    'Archives' at the bottom of this page will take you to the various sections and makes very good reading.

Can we have all the info you have on your Irish ancestors and lets have a look.
    Last edited by Richard1955; 09-05-2011 at 9:21 AM. Reason: adjustment

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi there

Looking at the Family Search site there are Irish Civil Registration marriages for John Rocheford Oct - Dec 1916 and for Elizabeth Caulfield Oct - Dec 1916 both Waterford registration district - so I think this may well be the marriage of Patrick's parents. You can order this marriage certificate from Roscommon as before.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by bonelady View Post
    Where is the irish section ?
    Hi,

You can see where you are on the forum by looking at the top of the page. You will see 'breadcrumbs' just below the blue banner. For example, this thread is located at:

Forum (That is, the Forum section of the British Genealogy.Com site

County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands. (The relevant subsection of the forum)

Ireland - Counties (Chapman Code - IRL) (The next subsection)

General Irish Family History (The next subsection)

Thanks for the Help (The name of the thread).

If you click on the word Forum at the top of the page, scroll down to the heading County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands, keep scrolling to the heading Ireland - Counties (Chapman Code - IRL), click on General Irish Family History then scroll down and you will find the thread title.

The same principle applies to all sections of Brit-Gen. Start at the Forum page and scroll down till you find the section you want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast