marymcnichol

Default how do i trace my father

My father was a G.I. in 2nd world war. How do i trace him?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello Mary, have you tried Ancestry for your Fathers Army records? You should also be able to obtain other personal info for him.
    If you don't have a subscription, you can do a trial search with them. Just remember to discontinue if you don't want to then buy a subscription.

Also try 'Tribal Pages' or Genes Re-united for others who may be connected to him.
    Last edited by Waitabit; 09-05-2011 at 5:24 AM. Reason: add on
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Coromandel

Welcome to the forum

The gitrace.org site looks useful: it aims 'to help people trace their American GI fathers/families'. There's advice on where to search as well as contact details for local groups, including one in the north-west of the UK.
    Last edited by Neil Wilson; 09-05-2011 at 6:05 PM. Reason: url removed

Cole

Hi, I too am searching for my father, I was born in 1946 and my mum and dad were both in the army. Coincidently he was from Whiston, Liverpool. I have just come back from there searching the archives in Kirkby and Huyton. I am lucky because I did find a child maintenance order in some court records, sadly no dob or address BUT, he was arrested for non payment, I am now searching police records. I know how you feel, I didn't know where to start but keep a it, go down every avenue. What I have found is that all the people I have been talking to have been VERY nice and helpful. I for one am not giving up even though I now live in Cyprus and have to go back and forth to the UK. GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER, THE INFO IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.