VMackay

Default William Shepherd and Jane Phoebe King

Okay, this is a long shot, and researching anything Shepherd is nearly impossible as it was an occupation at the time ...

I am searching for the family of William Shepherd who is listed on a marriage announcement in an Tasmanian newspaper of his eldest children as having come from Birmingham.

He was born circa 1829 and we are not sure how he got to Tasmania.

He married Jane Phoebe King in 1859 in Hobart Town and died in Launceston in 1875.

Their Marriage certificate says that he and Jane were "above 21 years" and both "Servants". He is listed as a Widower and she as a Spinster.

The major information I am looking for is who was he prior to marrying Jane King and how the heck did he get to Tasmania.

There are a large amount of convicts with the SAME name ...

If there are any other relatives related to this pairing that have further prior info on him, please share ....

Mutley

Hello VMackay and welcome to the forum.

As your post is more of a request for information rather than an introduction, I will move it from the Introduce Yourself forum (where we just say hello and welcome) to the Warwickshire forum and hope that it will be seen by members with knowledge of Birmingham records and families.

Good luck

Swanee

Hi VMackay,
    I hope you are still a member . I have details that may interest you but will not post incase you have changed you contact details.
    I have also sent you a brief private message.

Swanee

fionnlaghmac

Hello Swanee,

I too am decended from William Shepherd and Jane King and wonder if you could please share any information you have on them.

Thank you
    Fionnlaghmac

Quote Originally Posted by Swanee View Post
    Hi VMackay,
    I hope you are still a member . I have details that may interest you but will not post incase you have changed you contact details.
    I have also sent you a brief private message.

Swanee