Loves to help with queries

Default Mason(?) Magna, Leicestershire???

1851 census where born for Benjamin Lambert, birth abt 1774, has been transcribed as Mason Magna, Leicestershire. No Mason Magna in my Philip's big road atlas. Certainly looks like that on the original. He is a Tailor, living New Street, Burton upon Trent, with Sarah Lambert. 1841 census has his est. birth year as 1781, living Burton on Trent with spouse Sarah, where born: Staffordshire! That's no problem. What I can't make out is where they're living ...... Common Side, G..... Moor(?) and his occupation, Tailor and ...(?). His name is actually Benjamin Smith Lambert. 1841 census has Benjamin S, 1851 just Benjamin Lambert. Don't look for an 1861 census, he died 1855. Thank you people in advance .... Lizzie B

janbooth

How about Wigston Magna? The first letter could certainly be a W with an igson following - quite a likely interpretation given local dialect etc.

Janet

Reputation beyond repute

As Janet says, it is Wigs[t]on Magna.

Reputation beyond repute

What I can't make out is where they're living ...... Common Side, G..... Moor(?)
    Common Side, Goose Moor

Tailor and ...(?)
    There's no "and". I think that's Tailor Journeyman in other words "Journeyman Tailor".

Loves to help with queries

Bewdiful .....LizzieB