Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jclynch

Default Lynch family (County Cavan)

Hi all--
    I am searching for Edward Lynch and Mary Cusick (or Cusack), the parents of my husband's Great Great Grandfather, Peter Joseph Lynch and his sibling, Katherine Lynch (b. April 2, 1851), among possible other children. Family discussions say that they hail from County Cavan, but I realize there are many, many Lynch's in County Cavan. Some folks think they are from Seefin, Knockbride parish based on the land records from 1850 or so.

Peter and Kate emigrated to the United States sometimed around 1870 and settled in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio where they both married and had families. On Kate's death certificate in 1937, I find her mother's name as Mary Cusick (sp?) and father as Edward Lynch, both born in Ireland, as was Kate. I have been unable to locate Peter's death certificate, though he died in 1899 at the age of 64.

I haven't been able to locate any birth or christening information for Peter or Katherine in County Cavan, nor marriage information for Edward Lynch and Mary Cusick (Cusack) or death/burial information for them either.

Anyone have any of the Lynch's criss crossing with their family lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Lynch family (County Cavan)

Did yo have any success in tracing or obtaining the information about the LYNCH family of County Cavan?