Chris

Default 1861 census - DEBENHAM - RG9/1144 Fl:97 Pg:31

Please could sks check the above reference (Norton, Suffolk) for me please.

I have 3 DEBENHAMs - a Thomas (visitor) and Fanny and Ellen (nieces) in the household BUT I would like to know who else was there.
    I cannot place Thomas DEBENHAM with any other part of the family at the moment, but I feel sure there is some buried relationship.
    ALso I would like to know who is the aunt/uncle of the two little girls.

Thank you in advance

Chris
    Last edited by Chris; 16-11-2005 at 1:46 PM.

Chris

I have pages of references, and a number of entries where I have not put full details as I could see nothing linked at the time. I have brief notes on the BARSHAMs but no census details, hence I could not tie BARSHAMs and DEBENHAMs together on this census. I still need to track down where Thomas DEBENHAM fits into the family.
    Chris

DavidBurt

You probably have this info by now, but Mrs Barsham wife of Thomas Barsham was Louisa Debenham before marriage and one of the so called Debenham Dozen. Fanny Cecilia Sparke Debenham worked with Elizabeth Debenham, my great grand aunt, in Needham Market at Elizabeth's School. Elizabeth had married Harry Cottingham Burt, who died in Rotterdam whilst on business, leaving her to bring up 4 young daughters alone. Fanny C S died at Needham Market in 1895. Ellen Margaret Debenham emigrated to Australia in abt 1877 and ended up in Forbes NSW where she married Henry Burns Little. She is buried there. The Thomas referred to is Thomas Nunn Debenham, son of Robert Debenham (Louisa's brother). He married Jane Dalton (known as Jenny). He died in Egypt whilst visiting the pyramids. Photos of Louisa and many other Debenhams are on my tree on ancestry.co.uk