Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hilder Family

caperone

Default Hilder Family

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Have you come across the discussion on Ancestry's message boards called 'The Hilder family of Tasmania'? One of the contributors to the thread is descended from Richard Hilder and Ann Challis from Cockfield, and has evidently done much research on the family.
    " Thanks I'll check it out."

DavidBurt

I have a large amount of info on the family in Cockfield and in Woking also including those who went to Tasmania. I have photos of graves and some photos of family members. I am in touch with family members in Australia. My gt gt grandmother was Elizabeth Catherine Hilder born 1810. I have the tree back to Richard Hilder and Catherine Norman early 1700's. Please contact me if you need any specific help. It may be the tree that everyone is looking at to give you info, but I have much more which is not on line.

DavidBurt

I think this is a different Hilder family. They seem to be based around Sussex and Kent. I have not been able to establish a link with the Suffolk Hilders. Amazing that the Suffolk family were from Cockfield and the Sussex family here are from Cuckfield!. Harriet in this family was born in Woking and Edward Hilder from Suffolk moved to Hoe Bridge Farm, Woking, to farm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345