sueannbowen

Default British Library 19th C newspapers Online

In 2009 I emailed Kent Library service to see whether they had an online subscription to this service. Sadly they didn't. However, today, I have just had another email from them telling me that this is now available. How about that? I am so impressed that they took the trouble to let me know. That is service indeed.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Even more impressive is that they've expanded their library service when virtually everything else is getting cut.
    Wish West Sussex would get 19th century newspapers database instead of the blooming Economist from 1997.
    Pam

Reputation beyond repute

Have you got a URL for that? I've had a look at the web site but can't see any mention of it.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Have you got a URL for that? I've had a look at the web site but can't see any mention of it.
    It may be that they've upgraded their Gale subscription but not yet added a separate link to the 19th c. newspapers database.

It may be worth logging into the Times Digital Archive at www.
    kent.gov.uk/leisure_and_culture/libraries/online_library_services/online_reference_library/newspapers_and_periodicals.aspx
    to see if there's now an option to switch to the 19th Century Newspapers database. It may be worth trying, just in case. (That's how it worked in Oxfordshire at first. Now they have separate links, but once I've logged into one database I can switch to the other - no need to log in separately.)

sueannbowen

Hi Peter,

This is what they sent me but I have no idea how to paste a link so you you will have to copy it over.
    https://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure_and_c...riodicals.aspx

You will need your library card number to access the resources. Sorry I forgot to say that you go to Times Digital Archives and access it from there.
    Last edited by sueannbowen; 01-04-2011 at 5:11 PM. Reason: more info

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Even more impressive is that they've expanded their library service when virtually everything else is getting cut.
    Wish West Sussex would get 19th century newspapers database instead of the blooming Economist from 1997.
    Pam
    I know - I thought it would be as far down the list as it was possible to get but apparently not.

Reputation beyond repute

you go to Times Digital Archives and access it from there
    I see it now, thank you.

Not that I'm that excited because it's always been so easy to access it in other ways.