lawsue

Default Thomas Broome and Jane Warrender (Worrinder)

I have GG Grandmother by the name of Emma Broome who came to Australia in 1856 on board the "herald". Emma married convict William Williams in 1858 in Goulburn NSW. Australia. Would love more info on Emma's family, Thomas Broome and Jane Warrender or Worrinder, in particular Thomas. Emma was born in 1832, Weston Under Lizard. I have no birth date for Thomas.
    Thanks
    Sue

lawsue

Thanks for moving me to the correct place. I had no idea where to post a new thread (derrr). Thomas & Jane have been hanging around for a while and thought it was a good time to find them a home. Looking forward to sorting them out. Thanks for the help and would appreciate the details that you offered to post.
    Sue

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    If the family moved to London together this could be Jane's death:

Broome Jane Dec qtr 1844 London vol 2 page 159
    London parish registers show a burial at St Bride's Fleet Street on 4 Dec 1844 for Jane BROOME aged 44, from St Andrew's Court, Whitefriars.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Broome Thomas Sep qtr 1849 Lambeth vol 4 page 346
    Indexed on the same page is a Mary Jackson
    From London parish registers ...

St Mary Lambeth
    22 July 1849
    Thomas Broome, full age, widower, Gardener, 8 Brook Street. Father - Thomas Broome (dec'd), Gardener
    Mary Jackson, full age, spinster, 10 Brook Street. Father - Joseph Jackson, Gardener
    after banns
    witnesses J. L. Gawler, Edwd Powell (both were church employees)
    all parties signed

lawsue

Thanks for the info. Have checked passenger list for "Herald" thoroughly and can't find anymore Broomes on board so I assume Emma came alone.
    Sue

lawsue

Thank you "notanotherminer" and "kerrywood" for all your help. So I will now give Thomas and Jane a home. They can stay with us until someone proves otherwise, although it seems unlikley.
    Sue

potter

You might be connected to what is sometimes referred to as the 'Shropshire Broomes', Sometimes the 'e' is used or can be dropped too. My maiden name is Broome also but I am from what is referred to as the 'Wiltshire Broomes'. There are a few people out there researching your family.