Loves to help with queries Nightryder's Avatar

Default Shoningdorf Germany

I Have a Maria Katharina Lambers born 21st Jan 1924 in Shoningdorf Germany, google doesnt recognise Shoningdorf & I have searched the internet but can find no mention of this place, I can only assume the spelling is way off or the place has since been renamed,(this information comes from her son) has anyone heard of this place.

pattenwalsh

In German you do not follow a S with a H ,so try Schoningdorf and good luck ..you may have to use Google translate to decipher the results.

Nicolina

there are 7 Schondorfs in Germany / Austria. It could also be the dorf (village) of Schoning which is South East of Munster.

Richard1955

Try Schoninghsdorf
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I thing the Brits had a camp there immediately after WW2.

Loves to help with queries Nightryder's Avatar

Maria Katharina died in August of 2004 in Tasmania, she married Cornelius Wouters in Possibly Breda, Holland
    Im waiting on more info for this couple,hopefully certificates, this is the first time ive done any research outside of England so its a bit daunting,but interesting, my sub to Ancestry is not world wide so will see how much info I can find without it,Im sure German & Dutch records will be a challenge especially as the children of this couple speak neither language, thank you everyone for your help.