daz5

Default Isabella Maud Colley Marriage - Wolverhampton

Hi Everyone.
    Wondered if anyone can help me find who Isabella Maud Colley married jul/aug/sep qtr 1908 Wolverhampton .On ancestry it has two ladies names and one chap (ernest Williams ) which i dont believe was Isabella's husband .
    Cheers .
    daz5

daz5

There is a death for a Isabella M Williams in 1957 Wolverhampton .Isabella aged 73 .So she could have married the Ernest Williams !!, but i carnt find on the next census for some proof .
    daz5

Jan1954

The certificate will tell you for definite!

janbooth

The other Groom according to FMP is a John COOPER. However, he appears to be married to an Alice (Alice WINDSOR being the other bride's name on the marriage registration). So it would appear that Ernest WILLLIAMS did indeed marry Isabella Maud. Looking for Groom's surnames living in Wolverhampton in the 1911 census should clarify the details.

Janet
    Last edited by janbooth; 27-03-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Extra text

daz5

Thankyou Jan for that , thats put my mind at rest i was worried i would get the wrong groom as i couldnt find them on later census.
    Tar Very Much.
    Daz5

Coromandel

It is also encouraging that FreeBMD shows several Williams children with mother's maiden name Colley born in the Wolverhampton district.

daz5

Hi Coromandel .
    Yes i spotted those but wanted the marriage confirmed first , i didnt realise that Colley was such a popular name in that area .
    Thankyou for pointing out for me gives me a little bit more to work on.
    Cheers.
    daz5