Valued member of Brit-Gen Belinda1969's Avatar

Default William Coote 1853

Hi Everyone

Im Looking for information on William Coote,he was born 1853 Royston,1861 census was living Therfield with his parents

His parents were William Coote & Mary nee Drury

He was buried at Royston with his parents but it doesnt state when he died as on the grave it says *Rev W Coote of New York*

I have all the information on his parents and siblings so would be nice to find information on him to finish the complete family off

Im presuming he went to New York and lived and died there,and was just his name been put on his parents gravestone as i cannot find anything about him on the English census etc

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Belinda

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda1969 View Post
    He was buried at Royston with his parents but it doesnt state when he died as on the grave it says *Rev W Coote of New York*
    If he was buried at Royston you should find him in the burial records of the church (or is it a cemetery?). As he was of New York it is more likely that he died there. He may just be remembered on the gravestone, rather than it being his grave marker.

The 'Rev.' should be a useful clue. I'll check US census etc.: back later!

Coromandel

I see that the 1861 census you mention gives William a middle name, George. There's a possible sighting in the 'Protestant Episcopal Church Clerical Directory' for 1898, which is on Ancestry. It includes a William George Coote who had become a Deacon in 1889 and was in 'Eldorado Kan.' in 1898. I can't see a likely match in the 1900 census for El Dorado, Kansas so don't know when/where this William George Coote was born.

I had a quick look in other US censuses and in passenger lists when I was at the library yesterday, but didn't spot your William. A more thorough search may well reveal him.

Valued member of Brit-Gen Belinda1969's Avatar

Thankyou very much for looking for him,i shall have another search with the information you gave

Belinda