meleanor

Default Need emigration records from Hesse-Darmstadt

I am trying to find the city of origin for my family from Hesse-Darmstadt. I am thinking that the emigration records would have this.

Does anyone know the best way to find this or have another idea of how to find the birth city.

The family is Johann Henz b. A 1812. He came to the US @ 1850 with his three daughters: Katherine b. 12-28-1841, Mary b. @ 1846 and Adelaide b. 2-29-1848.
    Thanks for any ideas or suggestions. Meleanor

meleanor

Default Obituary in Racine, Wis.

Hello, I am trying to find the birth city of my ancestor Johann Henz (Haines)
    born @ 1812 in Hesse, Darmstadt. He came over @ 1850 and lived in Racine, Wisconsin. His wife was Pheba b. @ 1833. His children were Katherine, b. 1841
    Adelaide b. 1848, John Henz, b. 1861, Mrs. Willam Geb, Lizzie, Ida.

I am thinking that his obituary would have the best chance of giving me his city of birth, but if anyone has any ideas about another record I would appreciate the suggestion. Thanks, Meleanor

Name well known on Brit-Gen

If no other ideas pop up, you may find help on this site,:

https://www.
    progenealogists.com/germany/hesse/hessendindex.htm
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Nicolina

have you considered that they were from Darmstadt, which is about 25 miles east of Oppenheim and the River Rhein.?

Nicolina

the family are also on the 1880 US Census in Racine.
    maybe one of the Mods can link this with the other posting which is nearly identical.