oldsoldier

Unhappy confused archive downloads

i have been looking at the documents from the national archives and the price , my question is how do i work out how much the TOTAL COST is for a download ( yes i am a bit thick ) . for example one doc i want is WO167/40 i have been onto pricing but i am still confused !!! , can one of you brilliant people tell me how much it would cost to download this document and also how you work-out the price , looking forward to your HELP thanks .

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This document can't be downloaded direct from the website.

You need to fill in an online form, and TNA may be able to send you an estimate for copying it. It's impossible to calculate the cost in advance without knowing the size of the document.

Go here, click Ordering and Viewing Options, and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 13-03-2011 at 4:19 PM. Reason: corrected link

oldsoldier

i thought it said on the list of ordering/veiwing options can be put onto dvd or e.mailed , at the bottom of the page and at the side i think was a price of about £5-50 ( i think ) would this be the total price of the document on a d.v.d , i dont know , if i lived near the archives life would be easier . should i e.mail them and ask !!!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    would this be the total price of the document on a d.v.d
    No, that's an additional charge for DVD format.

As I said, the cost depends on the size of the document. They should be able to look at it and send you an estimate.

Liane Hawes

Hey Mark

I've got a free Saturday at the beginning of April, I'm quite happy to go to the Archives and copy this file if you want. Might even drag hubby along with the offer of a pub lunch if he's good!!!

Liane

oldsoldier

liane , thanks for the offer , your my angel