YvonneC

Default Pallett family of Essendon

I have always been info that my family, surname Pallett, were one of the first 3 families to inhabit the village of Essendon, Herts. History of the village dates back to early 12th century but I don't know exactly how long the family has been in the village.
    I have managed to trace them back to Robert Pallett or Pallat (b 1767-c1832), he marr Margaret Watts (c1766-1842) of Essendon, 04/12/1787 @ St Dunstan in the west, London & they had 11 children (info held). There is another Robt Pallett/Pallat born c1747 who marr Elizabeth (surname N/K) + a poss burial rec for her - 01/09/1795 @ Essendon who I believe are his parents.
    BUT ......there are 2 marr recs in the village 11/10/1732, with both parties surnames spelt slightly diff = John Pallet/Pallat & Dorothy Hayden/Hayward - are they connected to Robert ?
    I have also found info on a settlement order for Robert Pallet, 11/02/1750, from Ardeley, Nr Stevenage to Essendon - is this connected to him ? There are numerous Pallett's rec in Ardeley in the 1700s.
    It doesn't help that the surname of Pallett has been spelt in numerous ways in the past = Pallat/Pallet/Pallatt/Pallit/Pallitt/Pallot/Pallott !
    I have searched via BMD/familysearch/Herts Parish Recs/family members + contacts on GR but I'm now struggling with my ancestors & wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me please ?
    I hope the above all makes sense !!
    I have also placed this enq on Roots & will adv of any info recvd.

Many thanks Yvonne

Jan1954

Hello Yvonne,

Have you tried Chris Reynolds at all? Have a look at his website:

hertfordshire-genealogy.co.uk/index.htm