ewan

Default Incoming Passenger Liverpool

Following on from my failure of trying to find a Walter John Williams and his parents John James and Alice Emily Williams I notice on ancestry under the UK Incoming Passenger Lists a Walter John Williams arriving at Liverpool.

Would anyone be kind enough please to look at this entry and let me know details? It could be Walter John Williams born 1885.

Many thanks
    Ewan

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Ewan
    There is a Walter John Williams on the ORITA, departing Port Stanley, arriving Liverpool on May 31st 1915.
    His age is given as 31 and he is a scaffolder. There is also Joseph William Williams aged 40 same occupation.

ewan

Hello perseus, I don't suppose there is any birthplace or any other details are there? The age of 31 is a good match for his age.

Thank you
    Ewan

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Ewan

No unfortunately no other information. It is so exasperating when you think you've got a match and there is nothing to substantiate it. Do you have any other definite info on Walter? I do quite like a 'rake around' so I'd be happy to see if I could find anything for you.

ewan

Hello Perseus, thank you.

I have had help with looking for this family just recently, but you are more than welcome to try your luck in finding them.

John James Williams
    Alice Emily Williams born 1855 Isle of Wight (brother Frank Henry Cheverton born 1848 went to Missouri in 1865)

The couple married Isle of Wight in 1884 and Walter John Williams was born there in 1855. After that they cannot be found. I think perhaps their surname of Williams may have been transcribed wrongly or they did leave the UK.

You are right when you think you may have a match but there is no other information to back it up it can be frustrating.

Many thanks for any help.
    Ewan