Abbreviation

Default found some photos

Have been having massive sort through my dad's old photos and found the following.
    The smaller group photo centre is my grt uncle John, we haven't recognised any in the other photo yet but know several family members worked at Paddington. Grt uncle John was a fireman (?) I think.

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/...ion1/001-1.jpg

Actually putting my specs on and looking at the other photo looks like him front centre too!
    Last edited by Abbreviation; 05-03-2011 at 9:52 AM. Reason: extra info

Colin Rowledge

I have a similar photo of just my grandfather in uniform as Railway Guard, for G.W.R who worked from Paddington. Can you tell me when your photo was taken as it may help me in 'dating' mine?

Thanks

Abbreviation

Hi Colin,
    I have been getting my dad and his sister to look at both of the photos to see if they have any idea of the date. Neither the photos are dated. My dad seems to think the gentleman in the middle is actually his grandfather John W Nuttall dob 1867 Paddington. He died in 1907 so it is hard to judge how old he is in this photo. I think there were other family members that worked for GWR. I shall look into it. Sorry to not be more helpful.

Codge01

I also have a photo of my Grand Uncle who worked as a Van Guard in the Paddington area, wearing the same uniform. All I can say is he is wearing a WW1 trio of medals beloning to him. So would certainly suggest post 1920, i.e after he was awarded his medals.