Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    Kelly’s 1941 Directory of Nottinghamshire shows a ‘Jsph. Hy Jackson’ living at 13 Burleigh Road, West Bridgford. Does the ‘Henry’ narrow him down for you?

Good shot Malcolm99...looks promising what?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

tjack

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    These are two 'well known' roads in Bridgford. The Derby Grove address is on the other side of town.
    Thankyou Malcolm99. Your efforts in exploring matters for me and replying are greatly appreciated. I'll need some more time now to investigate further.tjack

tjack

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Just had a quick squiz in Ancetrys "British Phone Books,..there are several Joseph Jacksons ,not all in Nottingham. One is listed in 1928 to 1939 as Joseph Jackson, 44 Derby Gro. 'ottingham'(sic) or 44 Derby Gro.Grosverner Nottingham.

The other for same years is Joseph H Jackson at 50 Davies Rd W.B. exchange: Nottingham ..City, Nottingham.
    1937 to 1940, at 13 Burleigh Rd. W. B. Nottingham. That's all I found there.
    Hi Waitabit - Thankyou so much for those leads. I'll keep chipping away at this one. Another friends has suggested Nottm.Local Studies Library so, hopefully I'll get a bit further with all this, tjack
    PS. Don't know of any 'middle' name like Henry!!

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by tjack View Post
    PS. Don't know of any 'middle' name like Henry!!
    Funnily enough I came across a Joseph Humphrey Jackson on Free BMD!

tjack, you didn't actually say if they were a married couple or siblings! Do you know where they were born & if, were married?

As Malcom said Freebmd has 'H' names for Joseph Jacksons, including Joseph Herbert in Basford. 1880.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

tjack

Hi Waitabit,
    Good of you to 'keep this subject running' a bit longer! Here's some more on what I have for JOSEPH & LOUISA. He was born 10.03.1879 in Nordelph (Norfolk) Baptised JOSEPH (no indication of a middle name) 06.07.1879. Parents: David & Harriet Jackson though he was 'adopted' by the age of 2 yrs by a John & Susannah Jackson.
    He Married LOUISA (nee Garner) in 1900 under CAMBS Registration District. LOUISA was born (far as we can tell) in Littleport (Ely District) 21.03.1884.
    A 1911 Census shows JOSEPH (He's now 32) and LOUISA (Now 29) Childless after 10 years and living at Outwell Basin (Norfolk/Cambs border) He is a Market Gardener. Don't think they ever had children but can't prove that!! They definitely took my Father: William Arthur Jackson into their Nottingham home in late 20's going into early 30's (due to his mothers tragic death his mother being LOUISA's sister KATE). It's a fact that a Mr & Mrs J Jackson (according to cuttings my cousin holds) did live in Nottingham. Also he has a Miss L Jackson & Mrs H Jackson mentioned in a newspaper cutting for October 1932 also living in Nottingham!! We're still trying to piece something together here. tjack
    PS 'Calling any Nottingham Jacksons out there. Can you throw me a line? Did you have some ancestors in the West Bridgford Area? Our family remain 'hooked' on W.Bridgford as opposed to some other Nottm.District.
    PPS. Probably a 'long shot' BUT IF HARRIET JACKSON - Joseph's mother was still living in 1932 (Aged 78 - 80) that could be the Mrs. H. Jackson mentioned above.
    Last edited by tjack; 07-03-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Famous for offering help & advice

SORRY FOLKS!

Rushcliffe Electoral District Poll District O.
    Lady Bay Ward District 2:
    50 Davies Road.
    1935/6 Joseph Henry & Evelyn Hannah JACKSON
    1939/40 Francis James & Sarah Holland FREEMAN

Edwalton Ward District 3:
    13 Burleigh Road
    1935/6 Elizabeth HEPBURN
    1939/40 Joseph Henry JACKSON & Ethel Millicent SMITH.

Incidentally tjack my GtGrandmother was born in Nordelph so if you have any HALES or POLLINGTON in your tree let me know.

Mitch

malcolm99

Excellent work Mitch - even tho' to no avail.

Just to add to Mitch’s finds, I’d guess that Evelyn Hannah Jackson was Evelyn Hannah Smith who married Joseph Henry Jackson in Nottingham (Basford RD) in Dec Q 1903 and Millicent could (but only could!) have been Evelyn Hannah’s younger sister.

Hey, at least we know who they are not! Mayhap they didn't have a phone either but at least we know now that Joseph was a market gardener & if his own garden may be in Directories.

(deaths in Nottingham for Harriet Jackson= 1934 age 74 + 1933 age 82 at Basford.)
    Happy Families
    Wendy

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by tjack View Post
    It's a fact that a Mr & Mrs J Jackson (according to cuttings my cousin holds) did live in Nottingham. Also he has a Miss L Jackson & Mrs H Jackson mentioned in a newspaper cutting for October 1932 also living in Nottingham!!
    Any chance of knowing what's referred to in the newspaper cuttings? They could hold some more clues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast