Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hall/Swan

Default Private messages

Hope this is the correct place to post this!

I have 4 Private Messages, all opened, 3 replied to.

I'm getting a message that I have 1 new Private Message but when I click on Private Messages (1) I don't have a new Private Message. (or do I?).... there are none showing in Inbox.

LittleSpark

This happened to me the other week.
    Try going to My Settings (left hand side) - Networking - Friends & Contacts
    Perhaps someone has tried to contact you this way?

Sheila

Richard1955

You could try refreshing your browser to clear the cache.
    Something my wife is very good at !

MarkJ

It will be as Sheila says - you will have a Friend request waiting for you. I was puzzled by the same thing a few weeks ago and tried everything I could think of to find the lost message, including deleting all my messages and refreshing the browser, clearing cache etc.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Non-techie joining in this thread as she also had a mysterious Private messages (2).
    Trouble was I couldn't find any friendship requests, but in my inbox two messages (which although I've read them) showed with 'open' envelopes on the left-hand side of the message headers - which were also in bold.
    I've now clicked the box to the right of each message,
    scrolled to the bottom of the list of messages,
    clicked box which says 'selected messages'
    radio-buttoned the 'mark as read',
    clicked 'proceed'
    and my mysterious Private messages (2) is back to plain 'private messages', with all the envelopes 'closed'.

I hadn't replied to either of these two messages, so wonder if that was the reason the envelopes were still 'opened'? Though it seems a little strange as there are other messages that are also unreplied but they have closed envelopes.
    Pam

Liane Hawes

Another non-technie here but I also had this problem until I figured that I had a friend request (it also helps that I had a reminder email from Brit Gen to tell me that a friend had made a request - double)

v.wells

I am still showing a private message and I deleted and/or marked "read" everything so I don't know why it says I have 1 new message.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Liane Hawes View Post
    Another non-technie here but I also had this problem until I figured that I had a friend request (it also helps that I had a reminder email from Brit Gen to tell me that a friend had made a request - double)
    Oo, yes, I forgot till you said it that I'm pretty certain I also received BG emails when people wanted to be friends with me. I'm set up to be emailed by BG when someone sends me a PM, so presumably a friend request is the same sort of thing.
    Pam

Hall/Swan

Default No cache...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    You could try refreshing your browser to clear the cache.
    Something my wife is very good at !
    It can't be that cos I never get there first! I was hoping there might be some in the private message....

Even though I have to log in each time and the new message was showing each time, I logged out and back in and don't have any new private messages showing now.

Thanks everyone!

v.wells

Well I don't know what I did, but I logged out, hit ctrl F11 to clear cache and when I logged back in it is now showing 2 newmessages - and there are none! I am using Firefox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast