paolos

Question Procter Konstantinople (Istanbul)

my name is Paolo Sorgato and I am italian. I am searching news of my family.
    My Great Great Grandmother, Matilde Modini from Venice (Catholic) daughter of Pietro Modini (Captain of Mercantile Vessel) arrived in Constantinople in 1839 and married 7 August 1840, in the anglican chapel of the english embassy, Edmund Procter (also Proctor) who was a shipchandler in Galata.
    As indicated in my Fathers Grandmothers (Emma Procter) baptism documentation, Edmund Procter is described as “londinensis, calvinist (presbyterian)”. Edmund Procter died between 1845 and 1850, probably in 1850 at Konstantinople.
    I'm trying to establish the following informations regarding Edmund Procter:
    - details of his family (parents), date and city of his birth.
    - how long he lived in Constantinoples for and how old he was when he got married.
    - reason for death
    - where he was burried (Anglican or Catholic cemetery? )

Procat

Hi Paolo,

As this post is a research query I have moved it from the Introduce Yourself section of the forum (which is not an area for research) to General Family History Queries.

Welcome to Brit Gen and good luck with your research.

Coromandel

Hello Paolo and welcome to the forum!

While you are waiting to see if anyone can find information specifically about Edmund, you could try reading this factsheet from London Metropolitan Archives about researching Births, marriages and deaths overseas.