Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reputation beyond repute

What do the birth certificates of the Stratford children show for the mother's details?

RobinC

I think she won't have travelled far as she was in the Norwood workhouse, Lambeth in 1851 and was married in 1862.

I've just noticed a discrepancy on the marriage record as Ancestry have it at St Mary, Newington AND Walworth St Peter, Southwalk.

RobinC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    What do the birth certificates of the Stratford children show for the mother's details?
    I have got the birth certificate of Amelia Stratford, my 2 x great grandmother, who was born in 1876 and the mother's details are "Amelia Stratford formerly Cooksey".

Richard and Amelia had 7 children with the first being born in 1864 and the last in 1880.

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I've just noticed a discrepancy on the marriage record as Ancestry have it at St Mary, Newington AND Walworth St Peter, Southwalk.
    No discrepancy. The actual wedding was in St Peter's. St Peter's church is itself in the parish of St Mary Newington i.e. St Mary is the 'mother church' of the parish and so gets mentioned on the register record.

Brick wall demolition expert!

This may be your Amelia Cooksey; admitted to Princes Road Workhouse on [4 Oct?] 1849 and discharged (to Norwood?) on 10 Oct 1849. She is the last entry at the bottom of the page.

It may be that "To Norwood" means to the Norwood Workhouse Elder Road School.

https://
    search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=1557&path=Lambeth.Lambeth.Religious +Creed.Princes+Road+Workhouse%3a+Creed+Register%2c 1850-1854.75

RobinC

I have got the birth certificate of Amelia Stratford, my 2 x great grandmother, who was born in 1876 and the mother's details are "Amelia Stratford formerly Cooksey".

Richard and Amelia had 7 children with the first being born in 1864 and the last in 1880.
    Amelia was baptised on the 18th of July 1880 but was born on 22nd January 1876.

RobinC

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    This may be your Amelia Cooksey; admitted to Princes Road Workhouse on [4 Oct?] 1849 and discharged (to Norwood?) on 10 Oct 1849. She is the last entry at the bottom of the page.

It may be that "To Norwood" means to the Norwood Workhouse Elder Road School.

search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=1557&path=Lambeth.Lambeth.Religious +Creed.Princes+Road+Workhouse%3a+Creed+Register%2c 1850-1854.75
    The link doesn't work but I'll try to access it the way you have.

RobinC

That's a likely candidate for Amelia as she's aged 7 according to that listing, I think the next step is to look at trying to find her at wherever she was sent to in Norwood.

I wonder if she was fortunate enough to have got a place at a school (?) within 6 days?

Brick wall demolition expert!

The link doesn't work but I'll try to access it the way you have.
    I've no idea what happened to my link.

Here it is again - although you have now located the relevant entry.

I've figured it. The link is being garbled after posting. There should be no spaces in the link but there are after posting.

RobinC

I'm looking at this collection now to see if I can find her at the school.

search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=1557&path=Lambeth.Lambeth.Admission +and+Discharge.Norwood+Schools%2c+Elder+Road%2c+We st+Norwood%3a+Admission+and+Discharge+Register%2c1 848-1859.4&sid=&gskw=&cr=1

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast