Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike B

Default Henry Parker Smith

Hi All
    My ancestor was Called Henry Parker Smith. He was Born in 1839 in Islington or St Pancras depending on which record you want to look at. I have found him on some Censuses but not with his parents on the 1841/51 Census.

In the 1861 Census he is Listed With Henry Smith and Ann Smith who I have assumed to be his parents.
    Henry Parker Married Mary Windle in Liverpool and Had a Son James Edward Smith in 1879.

However the only Birth Record I have found so far for Henry Parker Smith was in 1839 in Islington, but his Parents are Henry and Maria. There is a marriage for Henry and Maria Read in 1838 in Bethnal.

This Maria has a nice long Pedigree (allegedly).

I have not found a Marriage for Henry and Ann, unless Maria Died and Henry remarried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks Mike

Name well known on Brit-Gen

St James Clerkenwell
    Marriage 16 Sept 1838
    Henry John SMITH Bach full age waiter Parsonage Street father John SMITH news vendor
    Maria PARKER Spinster full age Parsonage Street father William PARKER ? maker

Baptised
    St Mary Lambeth
    18 August 1839 ( b 16 June 1839 )
    Henry Parker SMITH s/o Henry SMITH & Maria SMITH of Chapel Street father desc as a porter

HO107 Piece 488 Book 11
    Only William born in the County
    Barnswick Sq Greenwich
    SMITH Henry John 29 Lab’r ( died 1849?)
    SMITH Maria 30
    SMITH Henry Parker 1
    SMITH William John 2mo

1851 H107 1505 3323

PK? House Church Street Hackney

Matron Jnaet LIDDLE 31 Scotland

As alternatives!

RG09 piece 4441 folio 6 page 7 ord seaman on board Immortalite

OR this

RG09 piece 4440 folio 52 page 4 on board 'Spiteful'

Marriage

A / J 1866 Henry P SMITH = Mary WINDLE Liverpool 8B 136

RG10 Piece 3777 Folio 21 Page 38
    Henry is desc as a Mariner mother in law is also with the household

Hello
    Do you have the marriage certificate for Henry Parker Smith and Mary Windle? Henry doesn't seem to use his middle name in censuses. The marriage cert would give you father's name and occupation.
    Marriage registration Henry P Smith and Mary Windle June 1/4 1866 Liverpool vol 8b page 136

Marriage William James Smith in 1918, age 42 a bachelor, to Louisa Grant. Father of the groom Henry Parker Smith, seed crusher. Witnesses David Smith and Martha R Coen

Another marriage of Mary Jane Smith age33 spinster, in 1917 Liverpool to William Dodd 62 widower Timber dealer. Bride's father Henry Parker Smith deceased seed crusher. Witnesses Henry Smith and Ruth Tyler.

LancashireBMD.org.uk
    Henry P SMITH to Mary WINDLE at St Michael in the City Liverpool

I cannot see this CHurch records on line at familysearch or a

Check this site

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN...tMichael.shtml

for wearabouts of the Parish Register / Bishops Transcripts. The Lancashire RO may let oyu have a copy of the entry for copy and postage, and be cheaper than GRO @£9.25

Mike B

Thank you all for your replies. I have not seen a certificate for Henry and Mary Windle, however on the 1881 and 91 Censuses there is a Jane Windle living with the family described as 'Mother in Law'. I have seen a copy of James Edward Smith and Catherine Elizabeth Williams Marriage Certificate. James' father is names as Henry. There is one Public Member file on Ancestry which does trace James Edward to Henry Parker and Mary Windle, to Henry and Maria Read. However I am not with Ancestry and cannot contact the owner of the File.
    Mike

Hello Mike
    I am a member of ancestry and could contact the owner of the tree for you if you would like. However you would need to pm me your email address so they can contact you.
    Another way, if you want to do it directly, is to ask your local library if they have the free ancestry and if the family trees are available on their version. Then you can contact the tree owner yourself.

Christanel

Mike B

pm sent. Trying to find the file now. lol. Having trouble but have saved info elsewhere. The only file I can find is less informative.

HiMike
    there are three trees on ancestry. Two of them have Henry Parker Smith's mother as Maria Parker. The third one has her as Maria Read
    I can contact the three owners if you like?

Christanel

Mike B

Yes Please. That would be great. Maria Parker looks quite hopeful at the mo.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast