Sandra Parker

Default William Edward Hanna

I'm trying to find out about a William Edward Hanna. He is believed to have been born in Ireland and moved to Australia at some time before 1910. This chap ended up fathering sons John and William and a daughter Grace in Sydney Australia around 1910-1915.
    I have found a record for a William Edward Hanna in Tipperary in 1885 and I wondered if any forum members have any further information about this William Edward Hanna.
    Sandra whose spectacled aura is asking this for a friend

Richard1955

Hi Sandra
    I have had quick look at the 1901 Ireland census. There are 213 William Hanna's so you will need some more info
    so we can narrow that number down. Birth year, birth place, wife's name. Anything will help.

Good luck
    Richard

Sandra Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    ...Anything will help.
    Good luck
    Richard
    Infortunately, Richard, it's the 'anything' we;re looking for. However we are working on finding the death certificate and hoping that will give us a few more clues. Will post it ASAP.
    Thanks
    Sandra

Sandra Parker

Unfortunately I couldn't spell even the first word last time !

His wife was Kate Seale, although we can find even less about her. No idea whether she was Irish, married before they went to Australia, or met William E Hanna in Sydney. The one undoubted fact is that they were both in Sydney when their son John Frederick Hanna was born on Sept 18th, 1911.

Sandra

Richard1955

Hi Sandra
    Just found this on a website but don't have a subscription. They do a pay to view.
    Looks promising> I'll check for Kate Seale as well:

www.
    findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 23-02-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: edited link to commercial site -- please read the AUP

Richard1955

It's me again
    You will find several Seale's on the findmypast passenger lists but a couple of years earlier than the one above.
    The marriage certificate will give you some clues but I can't find the marriage in England or Ireland.
    Off to bed now. Will have another go in the morning.
    Richard