Knowledgeable and helpful

Question Roy: Garr: Regt ??

On a 1901 census return for a Philip Tuson (b 1862) his occupation looks like Segt: Roy: Garr: Regt.

I've interpreted it as a Sergeant in the Royal Garrison Regiment - am I right?

Thanks
    David

Reputation beyond repute

That's what I would say.

Coromandel

Yes, Royal Garrison Regiment. One of Kevin Asplin's projects is to compile a list of those who served with the RGR. Indeed there is a Philip Tuson on the list:
    https://www. britishmedals.us/files/rgr.htm
    (Click on 'Nominal rolls' at the top to get a link to a page with Kevin's contact details.)

This gives birthplace, RGR number, and Philip's former unit: the LNLR (Loyal North Lancashire Regiment).

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Yes, Royal Garrison Regiment. One of Kevin Asplin's projects is to compile a list of those who served with the RGR. Indeed there is a Philip Tuson on the list:
    https://www. britishmedals.us/files/rgr.htm
    (Click on 'Nominal rolls' at the top to get a link to a page with Kevin's contact details.)

This gives birthplace, RGR number, and Philip's former unit: the LNLR (Loyal North Lancashire Regiment).
    Many thanks for the link, Coromandel, - what a great site with lots of information. I have sent an email to Kevin. And I've Googled Philip Tuson's former regiment - the Loyal North Lancashire.
    I've just added a considerable amount of information to my Tuson database - it has created more substance to this family line!