Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orielbenfro

Its all rather pointless 2 of us duplicating each others work to assist your Beddow/Morse research, so I will leave Coromandel to continue their assistance and hopefully find the parish register entries of your interest.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro
    ORIEL a welsh window on a surname

Coromandel

Sorry, Orielbenfro, I didn't mean to tread on your toes. I'm far away from Wales and won't be able to help Prairielily with research in parish registers, except any that may be online. I am sure any research you can do in original archives, or elsewhere, will be most appreciated.

prairielily

Thank you, again, Coromandel. I think these Morses must be the family I've been searching for. I spent last night in the wills until I couldn't see straight! I've begun to piece together the relationships. Iwould never have found the right places to look without your help. Thank you.

prairielily

Dear Orielbenfro,
    You have been such a great help! Thank you. I cannot imagine having stumbled upon the information you have provided by myself.
    Looking at the Morse wills has been fascinating, and I've really just started. I'm unfamiliar with the handwriting, so the going is slow but very interesting. I'll continue to follow your lead in looking for all the family connections.
    I've Googled some photographs of the Haverfordwest and Trerose area. It's very pretty.
    David Morse's sons in the US were all farmers, and so were the grandsons. The intimacy of the Wales countryside is such a contrast to the raw, rough, and harsh wide-open prairie here. David Morse would be amazed, I think that his descendents ended up in Illinois.
    Thank you for all your help. It looks very promising. A record of David's baptism would be, as the kids say, "awesome!"

Orielbenfro

Default Morse of St Lawrence Beddoe of St Mary

St Lawrence (searched 1767 to 1780)
    30th Dec 1770 Thos to David & Martha Morse baptised

H'west St Mary(search 1767 to 1780)
    26 July 1769 John ye son of Owen Beddow and Mary his wife baptised

I have original jpegs if required, but will need an email address to send them to
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

prairielily

Hello Orienbenfro, and thank you again.
    I've continued to look through the wills, and I have another question concerning a place name. Where is St. Edrens or St. Edrins? A David Morse, son of Joseph Morse, is signed in Joseph's will as a resident of St. Edrens. I'm not sure this David is the David I'm looking for, even though he is the right age, because "my" David was raised by his uncle John Evans, and one of this David's brothers, Joshua, married a Sarah Evan at St. Lawrence in 1780. This would make a brother of Sarah a brother-in-law to the David in the will rather than an uncle. Maybe I'm looking for a son of one of Joseph's sons that signed his will--there were four sons that signed--Joshua, John, Thomas and David. Maybe there is a David there among the brother's children the right age to have been a young man when he came to America.
    An 1805 will of Joshua Morse, having a wife Sarah, bequeathed to David Morse the lease to the Trerose property, so this David stayed and farmed at Trerose, and must not have come to America. The David who came to America named the land he bought "Trerose," which, according to a New York history, pleased his uncle, John Evans, because it was the name of the Morse land in Wales.
    I know the answer to this puzzle is here somewhere!
    Thank you for the additional information you've given me. I truly appreciate that you have taken your time to look it up for me.

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by prairielily View Post
    Hello Orienbenfro, and thank you again.
    Where is St. Edrens or St. Edrins? A David Morse, son of Joseph Morse, is signed in Joseph's will as a resident of St. Edrens.
    See ;
    https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/PEM/StEdrins/
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

prairielily

Thank you. It's a little place, and the records go back to 1770 only, but very close to Trerose. I think I'll try the Evans line, too. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12