Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    david kauffman

Thanks kerrywood,

i have ordered an orriginal copy of the relevant 1911 census document...whooohooo!

DK

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Where have you ordered it from? If you buy a few credits, you can download the original image from the 1911 census site.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    I searched for all *FMAN in all of London, and then combed the results for known Jewish areas.
    Oh, I didn't know you could use initial wildcards in 1911 (I'm so used to getting error messages from Ancestry when I try it there, I suppose). That will make a great difference to searching. Thanks for the tip.

david kauffman

I ordered the cert with purchased credits from
    www.
    1911census.co.uk

i didnt know I could get a download.
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 16-02-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: removed direct link to commercial site

Name well known on Brit-Gen

On the 1911 census site, once you've purchased a few credits and found the entry for Lewis KOFFMAN in the index, you can access the data online by clicking View Transcript (10 credits) or View Image (30 credits).

david kauffman

i have obtained a copy of Louis Kaufman and Annie Cypres and can confirm they are my great grandparents. they were married in the East London Synagogue on 23rd June 1907. They lived at 13 Hannibal Road, Mile End, London. Louis's father wad David Kaufman (profession cashier). Annie's father was Aaron Cypres (deceased at the time of the wedding).

I now need to find details of David Kaufman, my great great grandfather. Thank you all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123