Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Conn

Indeed Peter, and thank you. Those details do all fit together. There will also be the information about the person(s) who registered each of those death certificates and that may help. I still enjoy the chase just as much as ever!

Mutley

I can see the daughter's birth registration which you have
    but I cannot see a marriage or death, sorry.

Good Luck

Conn

Further to my initial enquiry I now have some more information. The death certificate from Mohamed Ali Ba Thein states that he was born in Burma in 1911. He died in 1984 in Wrexham and his occupation is given as a coal miner. So his variety career had come to an an end at some time. It is now apparant that he was not one and the same as the illusionist Ali Bey, who was born in the UK. Ali Ba Thein's daughter registered his death in her married name, which has allowed me to find that she actually married twice. In 1962 her marriage index is to be found but is indexed as Ba'thein - hence why we did not find it to begin with! With both her marriages she acquired a more usual UK type of name so is easier to trace. I plan now to send for both marriage certificates as they should mention the occupation of the bride's father which will give a suggestion about the length of Mohamed Ali's variety career. There is also another daughter from his marriage. I believe that both daughter's are living and traceable so in due course I may write to them by surface mail. Thank you to all for your interest and replies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12