Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coromandel

Thanks Olliecat! I'm not properly awake yet! I see from rereading the first post properly that Lucretia was a widow by 1803 so that must be a different James in the Quaker records. But with the name Lucretia cropping up I guess these may well be connected to the Daventry ones.

In fact the answer may be in the Daventry burial register after all. Extracts from the register given in the exam paper mentioned above have the burial of a James in 1786, which would tie in nicely with the 1788 date of probate in the will on Documents Online.

elbe

Yes Olliecat, that's James2, who m. Anna Maria Gaunt 16 Feb. 1790 in Meriden, WAR. James2 and Anna Maria had the first of their children in NTH. Between 1796-99 they moved to Surrey, where five more were born according to the Quaker records I found before Xmas. Fanny Culcheth was at the tail end of the latter group, and she is my husband's ancestor. As I said, she is interesting, but her history is not is in NTH or even England.

elbe

I looked up the IGI to see if I could find Frances and found Frances PRATT - now that's interesting because some weeks ago I'd found the practice exam piece (referred to in another post). In the will and parish records there is a Pratt Culcheth. Looks promising!

The present-day Black Boy Inn images on the web are rather lovely... by the histroical information given, it's --possible-- John Culcheth may have been the first 'inn holder' - what is that BTW - just another term for inn keeper?

elbe

Hi Coromandel
    Yes, I'd come across the exam sample question (and had done the pedigree construction - an interesting exercise!), but the will's too late for 'my branch' to be in NTH, so I'd guess it to be a collateral line, if you like.
    Thanks for the 1809 burial - that seems to fit because the last Culcheth child I'd found in the Quaker records was Martha in 1807.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12