Abbreviation

Default How to tell what regiment WW1

I have several old photos of family members in uniform for WW1 is there any site I can compare the cap badges with my photos?

Coromandel

Hi Abbreviation

There's a new Shire book by Peter Doyle and Chris Foster, called

www.
    shirebooks.co.uk/store/British-Army-Cap-Badges-of-the-First-World-War_9780747807971
    British Army Cap Badges of the First World War You could also try posting one or more of your photos on the
    https://
    1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?act=idx Great War Forum, as some of the Forum members are experts in identifying uniforms etc.

There's also another forum devoted entirely to badge collecting (the name escapes me, but Google would find it I expect). You could also try websites of some of the many dealers in militaria: they often have photos of cap badges.

Good luck!
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 31-01-2011 at 4:23 PM. Reason: edited (i)direct link to wholly commercial website (ii) link to site asking for donations

Abbreviation

Thank you coromandel I shall try these sires to see how I get on. I had tried googling images for London battalions but had sent myself cross eyed! The next thing I have to work out is how to scan and upload a picture on my new copier!