teecee3467

Default Thomas Watson married Eleanor Pearson 1760

I am seeking information on a marriage between Thomas Watson born ca 1734, possibly Yorkshire, and Eleanor Pearson born ca 1740, possibly Cheshire. Marriage possibly took place 1860, not sure where. I thought maybe Eleanors place of birth. there also could be some children born, prior to Thomas and Eleanor emigrating to USA some time prior to 1763 when a child was born USA.
    thanks for your help
    t

sueannbowen

Dear T,

What were the sources of the possibilities for this couple? The dates in particular as there are a few Thomas Watsons marrying Eleanor Pearsons (Lancashire seems a favourite place for Watsons) according to the IGI.

So tell us what you have so far - what makes you think those dates and those places?

teecee3467

hello, and thanks for the reply. I was exchanging notes with a fellow researcher/distant cousin, and was bragging about the B-G forum site. ( You guys are amazing, really) She asked me to place those names, and dates, see what came up. she has no hard and fast details. But I appreciate your time
    t

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by teecee3467 View Post
    She asked me to place those names, and dates, see what came up. she has no hard and fast details.
    t
    Dear T

What would help is to know why she has those bits and pieces specifically. Does she have other connections to those areas? How did she come to think that Thomas married an Eleanor Pearson? Is Thomas a distant rellie or Eleanor? Sorry to dig, but there must be some reason why she has that info however vague! Sadly, we are not really able to help you much without a bit more to go on.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

Can you let us have the information that leads you to this couple and the dates quoted, i.s last known references

geneius

RWatson

I am also interested in this union and any other information about Thomas Watson b-1735, Yorkshire, England d-?PA, USA. I think he married Eleanor Pearson around 1760 in the US though I could be wrong. I am interested due to the research I have done on Ancestry.com and talking with some one that also has looked into the Watson family lines. My Grandfather was born 1918 in Oklahoma, US and the lines lead back to this Thomas Watson from Yorshire England from what I can gather.

LakeAlice

Default Thomas Watson and Eleanor Pearson

I, too, am very interested in finding any information about the above couple. I am trying to establish whether they are the parents of John Watson, b. 1763, in Bucks County, Pa--later moved to Laurens county, SC and married Elizabeth Whitmore (second wife) b. 1777, in Laurens County. John (d. 1849) and Elizabeth are buried in Flat Creek, Tennessee.
    In any case, I have not been able to find John's parents, whoever they are. I am his direct descendant.

Mary Watson Lundeen