Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PeterTomlinson

Thanks for the census reference - still hadn't managed to find it, will try again with that data.
    As for the son's name and year of birth..... that's the bit I really don't know. My record says there was a son, and no more. I also know there must have been a son, because HIS son was my great grandfather (Frederick Seaton Burrowes - by now the surname has acquired the 'e'), but he turns up in Brazil, and I have no clue how he got there!!!! And I can't find any birth records for him to get parent's details, and I don't have an accurate estimate of his dob either, but probably somwhere 1850-1860. He may even have been born in Brazil. Oh the joys........!
    Thanks for the help

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterTomlinson View Post
    Thanks for the census reference - still hadn't managed to find it,
    For 1871, if you search for Thomas Burrows born abt 1811 in Plymouth you should find it. Or Emily E [L?] Burrows born abt 1821 in Teignmouth, Devon.

PeterTomlinson

Ah that is very interesting! It looks very likely.... but means this is the second marriage and Emily Line Striplin is his THIRD! We still have my record saying he married "Miss Coombe" in 1824. I had thought Ann Reeve was probably Ann Reeve Coombe, but it appears not!

pennydog

It looks like Thomas was married three times then?

Could this be him with wife Martha in 1841 - Milbay, St. Andrews, Plymouth HO107-270-7-9 (crown copyright/care of TNA)

Thomas (transcribed as Borrows) age 45, Martha 34, Thomas 6, Mary 6, William 2

There is a death of Martha Burrows Mar 1842 Plymouth 9 273

Brick wall demolition expert!

There is also another Thomas Burrows in Plymouth, born abt 1806 with a Martha and a John born abt 1830.

HO107 Piece: 271 Book/Folio: 16 Page: 27 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)

Need to look in the next census to see if he can be eliminated.

PeterTomlinson

At last I found it, many thanks. But he's only 60 in 1871 - he should have been 68 at least, and maybe 70 based on the other census returns.! I never know when to worry about date mismatches and when to ignore them!

pennydog

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    There is also another Thomas Burrows in Plymouth, born abt 1806 with a Martha and a John born abt 1830.

HO107 Piece: 271 Book/Folio: 16 Page: 27 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)

Need to look in the next census to see if he can be eliminated.
    This look really promising Ollicat - it also ties in nicely with the son and 2 daughters that Peter knows of - I cannot locate this John in the 1851 census, so has he left the country bound for Brazil?

Must leave you to it now, got to be up early tomorrow.

pennydog

Quote Originally Posted by PeterTomlinson View Post
    At last I found it, many thanks. But he's only 60 in 1871 - he should have been 68 at least, and maybe 70 based on the other census returns.! I never know when to worry about date mismatches and when to ignore them!
    Peter - on the original the age has one of the enumerators marks through it - looking at it, it could say 70 (FMP has not entered an age on their transcription, because it is unclear)

PeterTomlinson

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    Could this be them ........Thomas Burrow, wife Ann both 1802 and children Thomas 15, Ann 10, Richard 8, Elizabeth 4. Thomas is an Ag Lab.

Address Bus Cottage, Clovelly.
    Can't be with Ann in 1841 if they only married in 1845, and that many children doesn't seem right. I think this is a different person probably

Lizzy9

Peter,

Can you tell us more about Frederick Seaton Burrows? On what records have you found him? How have you traced back to him? Who did he marry/where/when? Who was your grandfather, and where/when was he born?

Any extra info you can provide will help us to help you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast