Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Louise Emma BELLEW and her parents

I might have asked about her before but I can't find it if I did. I have her born 1861 but cannot find her parents on the 1861 census. According to the birth certificate her father is William Henry Bellew and her mother is Louise Bellew formerly Millman.
    The occupation given for W.H is Gas Fitter, Master which agrees nicely with the William I found on the 1861 Census ref: RG9/334 F60 p18. His wife is not with him on the Census.

I am hopeless at searching for things and the mysteries of Ancestry defeat me every time, it took me ages to find William and I just cannot think how to begin looking for Louise. A shove in the right direction would be very welcome
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    According to the birth certificate her father is William Henry Bellew and her mother is Louise Bellew formerly Millman
    Can you tell us from the birth certificate where and when Louise Emma BELLEW was born?

Brick wall demolition expert!

The occupation given for W.H is Gas Fitter, Master which agrees nicely with the William I found on the 1861 Census ref: RG9/334 F60 p18. His wife is not with him on the Census.
    Well I found William on page 16.

RG9 / 334 / f60 / p16
    Living at 5 Oxford Place, St George Southwark
    William Henry Billen, age 35, Gas Engineer Master, born Lambeth

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    Can you tell us from the birth certificate where and when Louise Emma BELLEW was born?
    That's what I wondering. Perhaps this is the record - and Ladkyis could give us the details on the cert.

Birth Dec 1861 Lambeth 1D 267
    BELLEW Louise Emma

Mutley

I cannot seem to find a birth registration for Louise Bellew or a marriage for Louise Millman and William Bellew.

Free BMD has the Lambeth birth of Louise Emma as
    BELLEN

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Birth Dec 1861 Lambeth 1D 267
    BELLEW Louise Emma
    FreeBMD has mistranscribed the birth as BELLEN. The GRO index clearly has BELLEW.

This caught my eye because I have this William Henry BELLEW in a tree, though I have no connections for him as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    FreeBMD has mistranscribed the birth as BELLEN. The GRO index clearly has BELLEW.
    I didn't look on FreeBMD.

Mutley I haven't found a marriage for the parents either. There is a Louise Bellew, age 19, born Lambeth in the 1881 census. She's a servant. But don't want to jump the gun here.

I think the William Bellow in the 1861 census may also be in the 1851 census - but he's married to a Jane.

1851: Class: HO107; Piece: 1571; Folio: 553; Page: 3

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    I didn't look on FreeBMD.

Mutley I haven't found a marriage for the parents either. There is a Louise Bellew, age 19, born Lambeth in the 1881 census. She's a servant. But don't want to jump the gun here.
    I can see her also, but she is listed as a visitor to Henry Bridger, though her occupation is general servant it is not clear if she is Henry's servant or visiting him and a servant elsewhere.

Lizzy9

William I found on the 1861 Census ref: RG9/334 F60 p18. His wife is not with him on the Census.
    Maybe a typo, should be page 16, I think.

Mutley

I have to away to bed a byes and will await Ladkyis's comments tomorrow.

Night Night

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast