Toronto

Default WW1 Army Barracks Oswestry, Shropshire .

Please can a kind list member help me break a brick wall and locate which army regiments might have been going through the Army barracks around 1916 during the 1st world war in Oswestry, Shropshire? I am trying to locate a soldier by the name of Arthur Jacob, he was listed as a father on my mother Ruth PARSONAGE baptismal certificate dated the 14th of July 1917 Oswestry.

Kind regards
    Mike Morris
    Toronto Canada

Mutley

Sorry I cannot help with your actual question but...

If he is also listed on her birth certificate it should give his occupation and regiment.
    Ruth L Parsonage registered Sept 1917, Oswestry, 6a/871

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Mike, have you Googled at all? I found these mentioned on Googled sites for "Army Barracks Ostwestry 1916:

Royal Welsh Fusiliers and the Cheshire regiment
    3rd Battalion Earl of Chester Cheshire Regiment,

Army units at Oswestry 1916 : googled bought up multiple pages mentioning various units.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto
    I am trying to locate a soldier by the name of Arthur Jacob, he was listed as a father on my mother Ruth PARSONAGE baptismal certificate dated the 14th of July 1917 Oswestry.
    Did your mum have a brother Alfred born in 1920? Is there any record of baptism for him which gives any more detail and does it mention Arthur JACOB as being the father? (This would help in at least indicating he survived the war).

Have you looked through the surviving service records available on the pay-per-view site 'ancestry'?