Trev1

Default Looking for Bourn F L Watson

Hi

I'm trying to trace Bourn Frederick Leopold Watson, b. 1881 Bombala NSW,
    f. George William Watson, m. Emily Jane Walker.
    Immigrated to Canada between 1914 - 1924. In his brother's obituary (June 1924) he is referred to as
    "Leo Watson of Canada".

Would appreciate any details for family records.

Many thanks

Trevor. Sydney Australia

Brick wall demolition expert!

There is an Canadian Expeditionary Force attestation form on the Library & Archives Canada website for a Frederick Leo Watson, born 14 Jun 1880 in NSW:

https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/d...1kql61o9819nf0

Click on Front of Form on that web page to see the actual image of the form, which includes details of next of kin etc.

On the familysearch.org website, British Columbia Marriage Registrations, 1859-1932 database, there is a 1918 marriage in Vancoiver, British Columbia for a "Fredrick Born Leo Watson", age 36. born New South Wales, Australia, son of William George Watson and Emily Jane Walker to 31 year old Elizabeth Gilfillan.

There is also a death registration listed on familysearch.org British Columbia Death Registrations, 1872-1986 database for Frederick Leo Watson, died 29 May 1956, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, aged 74, born 14 Jun 1881, Sidney, Australia, spouse, Elizabeth Gillfillan.

Trev1

Thanks a lot, that's my man, although his regn year is 1881 he may have born in 1880, Bombala in the 1880s was a very isolated place. I will accept the dob as correct. thank you. Trevor

Trev1

Thank you for your help, on Frederick's CEF Attestation Papers he states that hed had served in South Africa with the 2nd NSW Mounted Rifles, which lead me to the Oz-Boer Database which lead to a link at the Bonnyville Legions Branch which has a medal inscribed with his name on display that had been found in the garbage in Victoria BC in the 1950s. They would like to return it descendants, while I'm not a direct descendant, I hope to find some, any clues of organisations that could helpful in this pursuit?

thanks Trevor

ljensen2

Default F L Watson Victoria BC Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
    Hi

I'm trying to trace Bourn Frederick Leopold Watson, b. 1881 Bombala NSW,
    f. George William Watson, m. Emily Jane Walker.
    Immigrated to Canada between 1914 - 1924. In his brother's obituary (June 1924) he is referred to as
    "Leo Watson of Canada".

Would appreciate any details for family records.

Many thanks

Trevor. Sydney Australia
    FL Watson Victoria BC Canada was my grandfather. Yes he was born in Bombala and married Elizabeth Gilfillan. They had 1 boy, my father (since deceased 1997) born August 8, 1919. My grandfather did serve in Africa. I'm sure the medal you describe is from this effort. Thank you. Penelope Jensen (Watson)

ljensen2

I am FL Watson's grand daughter, Penelope A Jensen (Watson)