theonehaggis

Default Harry Bailey my ggrandfathers brother

Hi i hope someone can help, i am trying to find what happened to my ggrandfathers brother Harry Bailey
    Last record i have is from the 1911 Census which showed :my ggrandfather James George Bailey b 1883 lancaster aged 28 occupation house painter,
    his brother Harry Bailey b 1885 age 26
    and their mother my gggrandmother Eleanor Jean Bailey aged 52 all living in Levenshulme.

This s one of those stories were my ggrandfather moved to kent and married "beneath him" so all contact was lost with that branch.

i hope someone can help
    cheers
    steve

Reputation beyond repute

James George Bailey b 1883 lancaster
    Not sure about that. The GRO index suggests...
    Births Jun 1882
    Bailey James George Chorlton 8c 898

You'll definitely need that certificate because he's a direct ancestor.

Then there's...
    Births Jun 1884
    Bailey Harry Chorlton 8c 910

It's best to build on a firm foundation.

Harry's more accurate date of birth will help you to locate his death. A couple of possibilities are...
    Deaths Jun 1913
    Bailey Harry 29 Prestwich 8d 408
    Deaths Dec 1947
    Bailey Harry 63 Stockport 10a 518

I haven't bothered to do an exhaustive search but when you've got the right death certificate you can trace him backwards in the usual way.

theonehaggis

Hi Peter,

thanks for that,

i finally recieved his birth certificate which was 1882, but it has added another fun fact now, it seems that his mothers maiden name was Bailey as well!, i found her birth in scotland on scotlands people but now it seems i have 2 completely different Bailey branches to research!!
    more fun

thanks again
    steve

cjbailey

Hello I have just joined this site. Harry Bailey was my grandfather. He in fact moved to London and married Laura Florence Browne. I would be interested in any information you have especially about Eleanor Jean Bailey.