colemanshouse

Default Foster electoral register 1950/51

Hi if anyone has access to Derbyshire records office could they look up the electoral register 1950/51 for Foster living at 19 Edward Crescent, Kilburn, Derby please to see exactly who was living there? My G Grandfather, John Thomas Foster, died on the 18th June 1951 at Babington House Belper & his death was registered by Mrs H Foster, daughter-in-law, living at above address. I am trying to find out who her husband was as he was not from John Thomas Foster's marriage to Isabella Williamson but from a liason with an unknown woman. This son would be my Grandmother's half-brother.

Reputation beyond repute

Babington House was Babington Hospital, formerly Belper Public Assistance Institution and before that Belper Union Workhouse. Records are at Derbyshire Record Office.

Please reply to colemanshouse by PM, there might be living persons named!

Thank you
    Neil - Super Moderator

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by colemanshouse
    My G Grandfather, John Thomas Foster, died on the 18th June 1951
    Did he leave a will?

colemanshouse

Thanks for that Peter.

colemanshouse

Hi Geoffers
    John Thomas Foster died intestate at the age of 78 years & I have the Grant of Probate document. It was my G Grandmother, Isabella Foster (nee Williamson), who claimed his estate as his legal widow a year after he died, no other person mentioned in this document. I know he left his wife & children in Co Durham sometime after 1911 & went to live in Derbyshire with another woman who had his child but do not know their names. The electoral registers seems to be the only option left to try.
    Muriel

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by colemanshouse
    John Thomas Foster died intestate at the age of 78 years & I have the Grant of Probate document. It was my G Grandmother, Isabella Foster (nee Williamson), who claimed his estate as his legal widow a year after he died, no other person mentioned in this document.
    Curses

I know he left his wife & children in Co Durham sometime after 1911 & went to live in Derbyshire with another woman who had his child but do not know their names. The electoral registers seems to be the only option left to try
    As an alternative - you might try telephone directories I've been told that the pay-per-view site 'Ancestry' has some online; I cannot confirm this as I don't use that site; but it might be worth a try.

colemanshouse

Hi Geoffers
    Already tried the phone books on Ancestry & unfortunately no listing for that address.
    Thanks
    Muriel