Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Go to the 1841 England Census search page.

Ensure that Advanced Search options are open at the bottom of the search frame. These are the boxes in which you can enter the references for Piece, Book, Folio and Page.

The family is entered under COLLINS in Hornchurch.

Let us know if you still have a problem.

AnjaliUK

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    You could try HO107/330 book 13 folio 8 page 11 (reference to record held by TNA).
    Thanks Kerrywood, that's great! You guys are finding things so quickly I'm starting to wonder why I was so stumped... I guess it really does help to have a second pair of eyes, thanks

So that's Benjamin Collen and Elizabeth Read Collen found in 1841... If anyone else is feeling generous, I am still missing George, Alice and Sophy Collen in 1841. It is so strange that they are all at home in 1851, I think they must be visiting somewhere in 1841 rather than all having moved out of home then moved back.

Tolly

I'll have a look when I get home from work unless someone has done it already!

paul

Tolly

How about this? 1841 census:

Sophia Callen (note spelling) living in Cambs with George, Allice and Frederick. Her birth date/place is 1826 cambs. George: 1816 cambs, allice 1821 cambs, frederic 1828 cambs. tna ref: Class: HO107; Piece 73; Book: 16; Civil Parish: Soham; County: Cambridgeshire; Enumeration District: 4; Folio: 10; Page: 15;

Paul

AnjaliUK

Quote Originally Posted by Tolly View Post
    How about this?
    Paul, you are a genius!

I think I have been stuck in my ways, I always search Col*n* to take into account spelling variations like Collin, Collen, Collens, Colin, Colen, Collyng etc. but forgot that it is very occasionally spelled with a different vowel instead of the 'o' - this is the first time I've seen 'Callen', although I have found all sorts before, including Wellen!

Thanks for all your help, now I can sleep soundly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12