Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Lizzy9, that could well be John. I haven't come across Arthur in the birth indexes yet either, but the 1861 census you found (which I'm sure is him), gives his father as being in the army, so would his birth be in the army indexes even if he was born in England? There is an army service record for a John Tuson, born Newbury, Berkshire on FMP. He joined at the age of 19 on 7 Sep 1838 and his proffession was a shoemaker.

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Jellylegs View Post
    There is an army service record for a John Tuson, born Newbury, Berkshire on FMP. He joined at the age of 19 on 7 Sep 1838 and his proffession was a shoemaker.
    Jellylegs, a great find, it surely must be him!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi guys

Many thanks for your quick responses, I'll answer each one of the responses ..........................

Jellylegs - No its not Arthur William - I've got quite a bit on his family. That is the marriage (Arthur and Elizabeth) that I had found on FreeBMD. Thanks for the link to CityArk - its great to see the marriage entry. No - I cannot find him on 1881

Lizzy9 - I tried Fuson on Findmypast in 1871 without success, but when I entered the Registration codes i found him - under Fuson. Perhaps i didn't enter Fuson after all!!! The transcription doesn't show an occupation.
    Using the registration code for 1861 I found him transcribed as Jenson, father's occupation "Staff Sergeant 32nd"
    I've got rather a large hand drawn chart for the Berkshire Tusons - I have a John and Elizabeth with child named John born in 1819 - but nothing for him after that, so this birth is worth further investigation

Really appreciate your help
    David

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post

Lizzy9 - I tried Fuson on Findmypast in 1871 without success, but when I entered the Registration codes i found him - under Fuson. Perhaps i didn't enter Fuson after all!!! The transcription doesn't show an occupation.
    David, do you have a subscription to FMP, or are you only able to view the indexes? On Ancestry the original sheet does say John was a master shoemaker in 1871.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post
    David, do you have a subscription to FMP, or are you only able to view the indexes? On Ancestry the original sheet does say John was a master shoemaker in 1871.
    I buy credits on FMP - I only looked at the transcription earlier so I could reply to your postings - I will look at the original later. As I said previously, I really appreciate all your help -- just wish I could afford a subscription to Ancestry as I'd probably get more results!!! (I bet that will prompt some discussion)

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12