British Viking

Default 1812 cut off year?

I notice on Anc****y there is a section labelled "London, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812".

Whilst I appreciate it must have been an admirable and mammoth task to put all of that online for viewing by members, I'm wondering why does it end in 1812?

Is anybody aware here if there are any plans afoot to put more info online after the year 1812 for this section?

Thanks

BV
    Last edited by British Viking; 08-12-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: missed quotes

Name well known on Brit-Gen

The later records (and marriages from 1754) are in separate databases.

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906
    London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921
    London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980

-tmm-

The reason for seperate databases are probably due to the changes in the recording of parish registers that occurred after 1812.

Small quote from wiki
    In 1812 an "Act for the better regulating and preserving Parish and other Registers of Birth, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, in England" was passed. It stated that "amending the Manner and Form of keeping and of preserving Registers of Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials of His Majesty's Subjects in the several Parishes and Places in England, will greatly facilitate the Proof of Pedigrees of Persons claiming to be entitled to Real or Personal Estates, and otherwise of great public Benefit and Advantage". Separate, printed registers were to be supplied by the King's Printer, and used for baptisms, marriages and burials. These are more or less unchanged to this day.

British Viking

Thank you both for your helpful comments. I've now seen that database on Anc. However my two totally secretive and elusive relatives still cannot be found in there which is a bit puzzling. Just thinking would they be on a seperate database as they were both of the Lutheran faith or is the religious aspect ignored on these databases?

Quote Originally Posted by British Viking View Post
    would they be on a seperate database as they were both of the Lutheran faith
    Ancestry's databases referred to above are derived only from Anglican parish registers deposited at LMA (including those formerly held at Guildhall Library).

Ancestry has a separate database of nonconformist registers. The coverage includes a few Lutheran churches, for isolated years. Despite the coverage stated in the title, most of the entries are post-1837.

London, England, Non-conformist Registers, 1694-1921

Earlier registers for nonconformist churches are not part of these collections. If you can say exactly what you're looking for, with approximate dates, someone might be able to help further.

British Viking

Thanks awfully Kerrywood.

The info I've got so far are deaths (from death certs): Christian Moller (or Møller, to be precise) died in London 1913 and his brother Axel Hother Moller (Axel Høther Møller, to be precise) died also in London 1915. They were brothers with Christian being my great-grandfather). Their Danish documents lists them both as being of the Lutheran faith as were/are most Danish people. I have no idea if they maintained this after settling down in the UK.

I'm seeking both their burial details.

Thanka

BV

According to the website Deceased Online, Christian MOLLER was buried at Islington Cemetery on 17 April 1913. There are at least five other MOLLER burials there which may be connected.

deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch (put www. in front)
    Free search, images pay per view.

Islington Cemetery is not in Islington but in East Finchley.

As regards Axel, who I believe died in Peckham, were you able to follow up the suggestions regarding Camberwell Old Cemetery and Nunhead which were made on your earlier thread?

British Viking

My goodness Kerrywood, you're amazing!

Never seen that link before. Yes, re: the Islington (East Finchley) cemetery records all the Mollers there except the last one are my family members!

Afraid I've not yet managed to get round to the Brenchley Gardens place to look up Axel in addition to also calling in person at the East Finchley records office as I understand they both charge hefty prices for look-ups.

Thanks again - you're a Star!

All the best

BV

Never seen that link before. Yes, re: the Islington (East Finchley) cemetery records all the Mollers there except the last one are my family members!
    Good news that you've found your family!

Deceased Online have only recently begun to upload the data for Islington and St Pancras cemeteries. It probably wasn't there when you last looked. It's an ongoing project for these two huge cemeteries (amongst others), so it will be worth checking back regularly.

Afraid I've not yet managed to get round to the Brenchley Gardens place to look up Axel in addition to also calling in person at the East Finchley records office as I understand they both charge hefty prices for look-ups.
    As stated in the other thread, these cemeteries only charge for "remote" requests for their staff to do grave searches. Lookups in the registers are free to personal callers.

You probably won't need to go to East Finchley now, as theirs is the data that is currently being uploaded to Deceased Online.

British Viking

Thanks again Kerrywood!

But I think I still need to go to both these places in person for the grave numbers to locate them else I'd be trekking all over the place for a considerable amount of time to find them....!

Best

BV