Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DELILAH

thankyou , its very exciting , i thought thay came from kent its a long way to come from , i know john dorgan was born in deptford so i wonder if his parents came from deptford or somewhere eles how would i be able to find this liz

Nicolina

I see that you are living in Canterbury so you could call and see if the local Record Office at:
    Wellington House
    St Stephens Road
    Canterbury
    Kent CT2 7RD
    has the birth records for The White Chapel, Sheerness. Then you can book a fiche or film reader and search for Frances' birth baptism record. Normall Methodists keep very good records, often including the mother's maiden name. Next search for Sarah Ann's record, compare the details and see if they match. Personally I would then have at look at the records for Minster in Sheppey for James and compare his details. As he was on the Census with John and Frances, you should then know if it's the right couple.

Fingers crossed. If you need any more help, just ask. You will find most Record Office staff very helpful and willing to point you in the right direction.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    you can book a fiche or film reader and search for Frances' birth baptism record
    Or, as suggested by Geoffers (post #21 above), you could buy a few credits and download the image of the register page from the pay/subscription site BMDregisters.co.uk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123