WATTO

Default Research for the Watson and Doyle family.

Hi Folks
    I am trying to find the parents of a William Doyle b 1815 in Kilkenny Ireland. William married a Mary nee Walsh I believe. in St Mary Cathedral, Kilkenny in Jan 1840. They must have moved to England as they showed up on the 1861 Census living in Darlington County Durham with their two sons William 18 and Michael 16. Both William and Michael were born in Ireland again I think Kilkenny.
    Hope someone out there can either find or direct me to solving this problem.
    Thanks
    WATTO

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by WATTO View Post
    Hi Folks
    I am trying to find the parents of a William Doyle b 1815 in Kilkenny Ireland. William married a Mary nee Walsh I believe. in St Mary Cathedral, Kilkenny in Jan 1840. They must have moved to England as they showed up on the 1861 Census living in Darlington County Durham with their two sons William 18 and Michael 16. Both William and Michael were born in Ireland again I think Kilkenny.
    Hope someone out there can either find or direct me to solving this problem.
    Thanks
    WATTO
    Where did you find the marriage info, I have looked at rootsweb St Mary Cathedral marriages and cant see it althought there are marriages for a James Doyle-Anastasia Cody 1808 Arthur Doyle-Margaret Murphy 1813 and Thomas Doyle and Jane Shearman 1813--possible parents??? Do you have any siblings for William as there are Doyle Births there

WATTO

Thanks for your help. I believe I got the marriage info from Family Search. It said St Marys but not cathedral so it could be a district of Kilkenny. At this time I have no siblings for William as I am having a little dificulty with searches in Ireland. I believe that this is not uncommon. Through IGI I did find a James Doylr b 1780 who married a Mary Swift in Kilkenny in 1813 but I have no idea how to make the connection, if indeed ther are any. Again many thanks