Noelieboy

Default Ellen Macklin or Ellen Power 1916 onwards

Ellen Macklin, nee Power, from Boreenatra, Dungarvan, Co Waterford was widowed when her soldier husband Richard Macklin died in France during WW1(1916). Her son Richard Jr was born in Dungarvan late in 1916. It is believed that Ellen emigrated to England with her child, soon after his birth, and remarried using either Macklin or Power as her surname. Can anybody help me to ascertain what became of her and a possible second family?

Brick wall demolition expert!

Noelieboy

Yes, he died at Anzio in 1944

Brick wall demolition expert!

Perhaps there would be a clue on her son Richard's marriage certificate? She may be a witness.

Marie L Beauvois / Richard Macklin
    Dec 1941
    Reg district: Westminster
    Vol 1a, Page 908

salbex

Hi, did Ellen have a middle name or do you know her date of birth?

Noelieboy

From the 1901 and 1911 census I deduce that Ellen was born in 1896. I have seen the registration locally and no middle name is given. Thank you all for your interest and help.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Noelieboy
    Ellen Macklin, nee Power, from Boreenatra, Dungarvan, Co Waterford was widowed when her soldier husband Richard Macklin died in France during WW1(1916). Her son Richard Jr was born in Dungarvan late in 1916.
    I note from the CWGC entry that the son Richard was married to Marie Louise and that an entry exists in the GRO index which appears to be their marriage in December 1941, Westminster.

As a long shot - From the marriage certificate, was Richard's mum (or at least someone called 'Ellen') by any chance recorded as one of the witnesses?

Noelieboy

Sincere Thanks to all for help - especially in light of my relative newness to the area of genealogy. Yes, I will access the marriage certs in the hope that they will yield some info on Ellen's second married name.