Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Noelieboy

Thanks again, must I presume at this stage that the father's name given as William on the marriage cert of William George is incorrect? I will be out of commission over the coming weeks - unable to trace/follow my Griffiths cousins, especially those from the second marriage, but all help will be acknowledged and appreciated.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Noelieboy View Post
    must I presume at this stage that the father's name given as William on the marriage cert of William George is incorrect?
    I don't think anything has been proven. We can't yet be sure that all the above findings relate to the same man.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelieboy View Post
    I thought that his father was William Griffiths, a soldier who was in the Kings Royal Rifles in Quebec, Canada in the 1850s
    Can you please tell us the source of this information? Specifically, how sure are you about the regiment?

It's possible that William was uncertain about his father's name. According to the parish register of St Philip Lambeth, when he married Eliza ROWE in 1882 he named his father as Robert GRIFFITHS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12